VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Let's go there. I'm really interested in trying some raw food dishes. Sally, I'll PM you my friends cell # when I get back from Atlanta and we can figure out a good time for meeting. This is so cool!

·
Registered
739 Posts
If you're in MPLS on Thursday (the 26th). We will be meeting at Ecopolitan around noon for lunch. Anyone else here that will join us?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Something cute...

> A little girl from Minneapolis came home from Sunday school with a frown on

> > her face. "I'm not going back there anymore," she announced with finality.

> > "I don't like the Bible they keep teaching us." "Why not?" asked her

> > astonished mother. "Because," said the little girl, "that Bible is always talking

> > about St. Paul, and it never once mentions Minneapolis."

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

I'm from Minnesota. I'm currently living quite far north.. about an hour from the canadian border.. and an hour from North Dakota.

I'm moving to Minneapolis in August- I'm going to school at the U of M.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hey, I'm live in Winona Minnesota about 2 hours from the twin cities. Its a small river town, nice people here though.

I'm new to the forum. I was hesitant about posting a thread "I guess, I just need a friend" but you all seem like very nice helpful people.

Now I'm just taking a look around the forum, seems like a place I will be frequenting in my now lonely spare time.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Hi Sorrow! Welcome to Veggies Boards! I't s great to see other Minnesotans here!! You are going to love Veggie Boards! Have fun reading all the good posts!

Sally

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I'd like to try to revive this thread a little if I may!

Meo, have you been to PB Loco in the Mall of America yet?? It's a little eatery that's entirely focused on peanut butter. They also make their very own vegan bars.

Apparently they just opened recently and they are a locally owned store hoping to eventually become a chain.

http://www.pbloco.com/

I hope they have success beyond their wildest dreams!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I think I'm talking to myself in here

Anyway, the Living Green Expo is coming up at the Minnesota State Fair grounds and I love going. I've gone the past two years and it's really great.

Here's the link:

www.livinggreenexpo.org

It's May 1 & 2 from 10 am to 6 pm.

If anyone is going, let me know!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyK View Post

I think I'm talking to myself in here
Wait, wait! I'm here.
Just found this MN thread today - I'll help revive it. I live west of Chaska, but work in the Hopkins/Minnetonka area.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Hi qetta! So nice to have you following this thread! Now I won't feel like I'm talking to myself anymore!

Do you have anything to share about your experiences dining/shopping/etc as a veg*n in the Twin Cities area?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hello. Is it just the two of us in MN? Can't be.

I don't have a whole lot to share about my veg experiences, really. I've been vegetarian for 13 years and mostly vegan for the last couple of months. I do have to plan my grocery shopping around my work schedule, so I can run to Whole Foods or the Wedge over my lunch break. I don't live near any decent grocery stores. That's one benefit of my commute, I suppose - that it brings me closer to civilization! And I really don't eat out much. My husband is an omni and will barely touch a vegetable, let alone eat one, so we have a hard time finding places to eat out that can accomodate both of our choices.

How about you?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I don't know...seems like everyone else abandonded this thread! I know there's plenty of vegs in the area...they just don't know about VB yet I guess??

Congrats on transitioning to vegan!

We have been exploring restaurants around town lately and have discovered so many little treasures! Have you been to Cafe Brenda? It's vegetarian fare plus a few fish items, so maybe you and your husband could both find something there!

Sunsets has fabulous pizza and the one near us (in Woodbury) will make a vegan one for me. There's a Sunsets in Wayzeta I hear. Is that close by you?

Green Mill also makes a great vegan pizza, although each store varies. I have the one near me trained in pretty good

I shop at Whole Foods in St. Paul. I've never been to the one in Mpls, is it nice? Big?

The St. Paul store has just been remodeled.

I also do quite a bit of my shopping at Kowalskis. They have a pretty decent selection of natural/veg/organic foods.

How far are you (your work?) from Lakewinds (I think it's in Minnetonka?)? I've always wanted to go there.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Oh, I love Kowalski's. I used to shop at the one on Grand Ave. whenever I visited my sister in St. Paul. I've never been to the Whole Foods in St. Paul, but I did drive by it the other weekend and it looks nice. I think the Minneapolis one must be bigger. It's really nice and they're so helpful there. I have been to Lakewinds a few times, but didn't really enjoy it. It's a really small store and was just crowded (I only went on Saturdays, so that could be why.) And I mean really crowded. And the aisles were really small so I just got crabby. I would like to someday go back and check out their home store, though. That's a separate store right next door with all natural products for the home.

I never have been to Cafe Brenda, shame on me. I even lived in Minneapolis for 7 years but never made it there. I mostly stuck to Uptown.

What is Sunsets?

My favorite pizza place is still Pizza Luce. Yum, yum, yum. Have you ever eaten at Punch? There's one outside of my yoga studio and it smells so good. I'll have to try it sometime to find out how vegan-friendly they are.

Say - off topic - but do you do makeup consulting with your Arbonne business? I have my sister-in-law's wedding coming up and want to look pretty
but the extent of my makeup abilities is throwing on some face powder...

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Sunsets is a nice restaurant/bar/grill type of place. Similar to a Champps but much nicer IMHO.

Mmmmm, I've been to Pizza Luce once and it was soooooooooooo delicious! I will have to make a point to go back. I've never been to Punch, and never heard of it. What is it?

My two other favs are Pazzaluna in St. Paul and California Cafe in the Mall of America. Both places have made special vegan items just for me
I'm always impressed with what they come up with.

Yes, I do makeup consulting. I bring the makeup counter to you. I can help make you look pretty if you'd like!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I will have to check Sunsets out. Wayzata isn't all that close to me, but I'm all for traveling for good food!

Yes - Pazzaluna is wonderful, as is California Kitchen. I also like Luci's in St. Paul. I've not eaten there as a vegan yet, but as a vegetarian, I found that their chefs were always willing to make modifications. California Pizza Kitchen (I think it's at Southdale) also makes terrific vegan pizza. (They have this carmelized onion & pear pizza that is so, so good.)

Punch is a new pizza place. There's one in Eden Prairie, but I think there's one in Highland Park, too. I am going to call the Eden Prairie one for a menu, I think. Tuesday night is our "date" night, so I usually bring food home.

Yes - I would love it if you'd make me pretty! The wedding is on July 10th, so I would need to do it before then. And do you have product available for purchase right away, or would it need to be ordered? I also don't have my dress picked out yet, so I don't know what color I'll be wearing . . .

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Mmm, all this talk about food is making me hungry! I tried to see if Punch had a website, but didn't come up with anything but reviews from Star Trib and similar sites. You'll have to let me know if it's any good!

If we got together within the next 2 weeks or so, you'd have plenty of time to pick some things out and have them sent to you. I do keep some things on hand, but not the cosmetics. Ordering is very easy and fast.

What is your eye, hair, and skin color?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Oh - I am quite excited! Eyes: blue, gray or green. They seem to change, depending on what I wear. Mostly blue, I think. Hair: light to medium dark brown (?). Skin: very pale.

You don't happen to also enjoy shopping and helping people pick out dresses to wear to weddings so they'll look totally great even surrounded by a bunch of their sister-in-law's skinny-minny friends, do you?

I just got a menu faxed from Punch. Pretty cheese- and prosciutto-happy, but it sounds like they could do some great vegan pizzas. They have some good toppings - artichokes, arugula, basil, capers, mushrooms, peppers, ooh - roasted red peppers - yum, sun-dried tomatoes and different kinds olives. I'm definitey getting hungry now and will have to give it a try - probably after my next yoga class.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Hehe...I do enjoy shopping very much! And I know how you are feeling because my husband's sisters (and their friends) are skinny-minnys too. Maybe we should go to Southdale and go to PF Changs or something
I would enjoy that.

We should probably discuss this in PMs.

Yum, does Punch have portobello mushrooms too?

41 - 60 of 280 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.