VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a mini cupcake pan this weekend and I want to use it to make some yummy little cakes. Do I need to adjust the temperature of the oven at all or do I just not cook them for as long? Also, since it only makes 12 cakes at a time, should I mix up the whole batter at the same time and just let it sit in between batches? In VCTOTW they say not to let batter sit for very long. One batch will probably fill up the pan 2 1/2 times, so by the time I get to the last batch it will have sat for at least a 40 minutes.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
I've made these before, at my folks' house (my mom has the mini-pan). I used the same temp (350ish) as with regular cupcakes, but they just take less time to cook.

Wrt the batter, what I'd recommend is to mix all the dry ingredients together and then separate them into 2 or 3 bowls. Then add the appropriate amount of the wet ingredients to each bowl as you're getting ready to put a pan in the oven.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I ended up mixing it all up at one time because the recipe was sort of confusing, but it seemed to work just fine. They turned out super cute.

·
Registered
244 Posts
starryeyed - can you post the recipe please? in english class next week we will be having a party, and i want to bring in something vegan so a) i can eat something, and b) i can show off how good vegan stuff can be!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Maybe you can buy a few more pans to fit all your batter at once? It'll cost a few dollars more, but just think of all the energy you are wasting from keeping your oven on for more than 40 minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.