VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any veg Crafters out there?

If you don't have Minecraft yet, you should get it.

http://www.minecraft.net/

Amazing game!

Post some of your builds here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

Any veg Crafters out there?

If you don't have Minecraft yet, you should get it.

http://www.minecraft.net/

Amazing game!

Post some of your builds here!
Some of the people on my server are building the Parthenon, the size of which you wouldn't believe. They've had 4 or 5 people working steadily for about the past month and all they've got done are some of the pillars and the layout
I'm building a little smaller since I don't spend so much time on there, just leveling a field right now. Still not sure what to build when I get the mountains down. Thinking a huge pyramid, or a an aquatic center or something
Something simple and quick to build, but will look good when they take the birds eye view pics
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

I have purposely avoided minecraft because I'm pretty sure it would consume my life.
Lol, it is pretty addictive. Some of the people on my server are on day and night
 

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
Joined
·
5,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

I have purposely avoided minecraft because I'm pretty sure it would consume my life.
Precisely why I have forbidden myself to play it the last few months.
 

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
Joined
·
836 Posts
Boyfriend and I have Minecraft but we haven't played it much lately. Currently, we're lost in our own mine because we deviated from the structured plan and randomly dug deep into caverns. Need to upload some of my skin edits to skin websites sometime because from what I've seen, there's a serious lack of female and cute skins. All of my mice have been created for Minecraft and I made one of myself too. The default guy got boring.
My brain seriously needs a break from life so I may play a bit tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

Boyfriend and I have Minecraft but we haven't played it much lately. Currently, we're lost in our own mine because we deviated from the structured plan and randomly dug deep into caverns. Need to upload some of my skin edits to skin websites sometime because from what I've seen, there's a serious lack of female and cute skins. All of my mice have been created for Minecraft and I made one of myself too. The default guy got boring.
My brain seriously needs a break from life so I may play a bit tonight.
Lol
Run into many cavesÉ I love mining away and running into an unlit cave and having a bunch of creepers run into my work area
Ièm Randy Marsh from South Park.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone tame any wolves yet?

I have been unable to tame even one
 

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
Joined
·
836 Posts
Nope, sounds fun and cute though! I've taken a break from mining to build a house and I planted an orchard next to it for unlimited wood. Will work on the second story of the house another time.

Outside:

Inside:

Dark trees, torch lights help them grow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have seven wolves now.

And a mod did totally not spawn 4 of them for me.
 

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
Joined
·
836 Posts
Totally just burned my house down. Yes, I tried to save it with buckets of water.
No more lava play in a wooden house, it's stone time.



Edit: My orchard back there burned down along with it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

Totally just burned my house down. Yes, I tried to save it with buckets of water.
No more lava play in a wooden house, it's stone time.



Edit: My orchard back there burned down along with it!
I'm building a pyramid right now. BTW, how do you get that little navigator map to show on your screen?
 

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
Joined
·
836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

I'm building a pyramid right now. BTW, how do you get that little navigator map to show on your screen?
Awesome! And they're both mods. The top one is a minimap and the other shows the locations of ores, diamonds, lava, water, etc.

Zaneris' Minimap here (if it doesn't scroll down to it automatically, you may need to scroll down to it yourself): http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...97332#ZansMini

Ellian Detector (finds ores, diamonds, etc.): http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...=1032&t=209645

You'll also need the ModLoader here and I also use the Death Chest mod found on the same page: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...p?f=25&t=80246

One stop shop on the forums if you'd like to see many other mods: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...=1039&t=322883

May seem a bit complicated to install. Once you get ModLoader set up, it's pretty simple. If you need help, feel free to respond here or PM me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
Does anyone else feel bad for killing the piggies for the health? I try to get wheat growing quickly so I don't have too kill as many...maybe I'm just silly.
 

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
Joined
·
836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by obankobi View Post

Does anyone else feel bad for killing the piggies for the health? I try to get wheat growing quickly so I don't have too kill as many...maybe I'm just silly.
Definitely! XD At first I thought I'd try to be vegan in the game for fun but then I wanted to make cakes, beds, paintings and see game mechanics at work. I've only killed a pig once to see how much faster the tamed wolves ran while I was holding a raw porkchop. I've got a wheat farm and sugar cane automatic harvester set up so I can make loads of bread and cakes. I also found out you can harvest wool (for beds and picture frames) without damaging the sheep by using a fishing pole on them.

Think I have a bunch of public minecraft screenshots here that include the wheat farm and sugar harvester: http://steamcommunity.com/id/aikirhys/screenshots/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

Definitely! XD At first I thought I'd try to be vegan in the game for fun but then I wanted to make cakes, beds, paintings and see game mechanics at work. I've only killed a pig once to see how much faster the tamed wolves ran while I was holding a raw porkchop. I've got a wheat farm and sugar cane automatic harvester set up so I can make loads of bread and cakes. I also found out you can harvest wool (for beds and picture frames) without damaging the sheep by using a fishing pole on them.

Think I have a bunch of public minecraft screenshots here that include the wheat farm and sugar harvester: http://steamcommunity.com/id/aikirhys/screenshots/
I originally spawned in Minecraft thinking I was going to be a vegetarian in the game. I knew it was just pixels, and not real animals, but I still wanted to come off as a Minecraft vegetarian.

It lasted for a whole two minutes until the second a cow spawned in my house and started hopping around, blocking my stairwell...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
Haha, I've had critters block things and just generally get in my way. I view it as self defense...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I still kill pigs and cows and things for meat and feathers and leather. Why? Because they're not real, and if I act like they are, I'll be even more hopelessly sucked into this game.

To me, it is pixels that when clicked give you things. Not cows and chickens and sheep and pigs. And according to most versions of Minecraft mythology, they respawn just like us. So. Guilty conscience, gone. Iron sword meet pig.
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top