Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which milk is the healthiest ?
almond,soy or coconut

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
in what terms? calories, fat, saturated fat, protein? I think you should just go and compare/read the labels....some have calcium or B12 added too. Depends on what you're looking for, I'd say.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Low calorie , high protein and no side effects ...
im starting to lift weights and i need protein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

in what terms? calories, fat, saturated fat, protein? I think you should just go and compare/read the labels....some have calcium or B12 added too. Depends on what you're looking for, I'd say.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
drink all of them, they all have different benefits nutritional make ups. switch it up week to week, like almond this week, soy next. or buy them all and vary them day to day, coconut milk is great for cooking and baking.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKBARBIE25 View Post

im starting to lift weights and i need protein
If this is your focus, you can get more protein from other foods like lentils, tofu, tempeh, beans, spinach and faux meats than you can from milk. For example, 1 cup of Silk soy milk has 7 grams of protein, whereas 3oz of Seitan has about 22grams.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
if you want low calorie non dairy milks, stay away from the vanilla flavors then.....there's added sugar and vanilla flavoring. You'd want to stick with just unsweetened, for the least calories/added sugar.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I eat tofu a few times a week but ive never tried Seitan ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishani View Post

If this is your focus, you can get more protein from other foods like lentils, tofu, tempeh, beans, spinach and faux meats than you can from milk. For example, 1 cup of Silk soy milk has 7 grams of protein, whereas 3oz of Seitan has about 22grams.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if i choose organic soy milks would i still be a risk for breast cancer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojess View Post

if you want low calorie non dairy milks, stay away from the vanilla flavors then.....there's added sugar and vanilla flavoring. You'd want to stick with just unsweetened, for the least calories/added sugar.

·
Banned
1,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by affidavit View Post

Everyone's at risk for breast cancer

lawlz.
EVERYONE tells me omgzzzz soy is so bad for you.
and im like apparently so is talking on your celphone and i dont see anyone stopping

oh and those dead carcasses you shove down your throat are amazaaaaazzzzzingly healthy too

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Tempeh is great~! If you haven't had previous breast cancer issues, and you're not post menopausal, then no, you're not at risk for developing breast cancer, from what I've read on PCRM ( physicians committee for responsible medicine and www.pcrm.org, from consuming approximately 2 servings of soy per day......an 8 oz glass is one serving. 2 oz of tempeh,and I can't remember what the tofu serving size is now....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts