VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister read or saw a story on milk and how they are putting in so many hormones, it is creating issues with young women. It is the main contributor to our young ladies reaching "maturity" Girls the age of eight are now starting the menstrual cycle. EIGHT.. man, at eight, I was still making mud pies.

My sister heard this a few months ago, but it has recently hit home with us. A childhood friend's little girl, age eight, has started her cycle.

To me, this is just so unforseeable. I am glad I dont drink milk anymore, and I am going to be a proponent on change with the milk additives.

Does anyone know if Organic milk also has the same hormonal additives?

·
Registered
0 Posts
My niece started growing boobs at 9 and got here cycle before 10. My nephew (her brother) started getting hair in his pits at about 8. Both are big into milk, cheese, etc. Proof that you are what you eat

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzicfan

Does anyone know if Organic milk also has the same hormonal additives?
it is my understanding that organic milk is not to have any added hormones in it.

please remember, though, that cows produce a high level of growth hormones all on their own...because their calves need to grow at an amazing rate in the postpartum months. the addition of bovine growth hormone into the nation's milk supply is relatively new, but the phenomenon of early menarche has been around for many years now and definitely correlates to the increased consumption of dairy products in general, not just those with bGH.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
I don't know if organic milk has the same hormone additives as non-organic milk but I do know that ALL ANIMAL MILK IS BAD!

I've attached a article that I received in Daily Health News about milk production (copied and pasted to remove personal information). Even though the Dr (Dr. Ron Schmid, ND, and former chief medical officer and clinic director of University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine) is pro-milk.... pro-raw milk, there still some good information in there and good arguements against drinking milk, raw or otherwise.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by borealis

Huh. Maybe the reason I didn't start my cycles 'till I was 14 is because I hated milk with a passion and refused to drink it. All my friends started years before me.
same here. i was 15 and never drank any milk. i did eat tons of fast food though, lots of chicken mcnuggets and such and a good amount of dairy. but all of our dairy at home was/is organic (along with everything else) so i know that's probably why i started so late.

all of my milk-drinking friends grew at a "normal" rate. i'm the slow kid

·
Registered
0 Posts
milk was never meant for people to consume. humans are the only animals that drink the milk of another animal. there are other concerns........such as that it creates mucous in our bodies. ever see a child that is persistently congested? I think this contributes to that. soy milk is SO good though.

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Sheri - Milk DEFINITELY contributes to congestion. I've had sinus problems for a long time, but within a week after eliminating dairy from my diet, my sinuses felt much better. I don't even use my nasal spray that often anymore.

I dunno...I started my cycles at age 12, but I had a fairly average dairy intake I believe.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Well, I really don't remember what I ate and drank while I was a kid, but I wasn't veggie/vegan, and I started a little early, at 13, and now I wish I had not had any dairy and had started later, all the bad things that can come from early menstruation...

·
Registered
83 Posts
When I was a kid my mom thought milk was a "wonder" food and made me drink sometimes six glasses a day!!

I didn't start my cycle untill 15.

Does anyone have a real statistical data for this so called correlation?? There are so many variables in our lives we should be carefull about assuming correlations that may not be real.

I have stopped drinking milk for other reasons....not the hormone thing.

Cows actually like being milked but only because their poor udders are so full and heavy from their lactation cycles being tweaked to produce way more milk than they would to feed their calf!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sherijohnson

milk was never meant for people to consume. humans are the only animals that drink the milk of another animal.
Yeah, that's freaky. I still eat some dairy products (working on getting rid of those, or cutting down anyway) but I can't drink plain milk because I just get weirded out. Why on earth did humans come up with that idea? I think it's worse for us physically to be drinking other animals' milk than eating meat. I tell people (other omnis) how strange it seems to me, but no one else ever thinks it's that odd.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I'm quitting dairy cause it gives me horrendous cramps during my period. So much so that I started calling it my monthly monster. Besides that, it's gross.

Mmmmmmmmmmm, a nice big glass of Rhinoceros milk! Makes about that much sense.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts