VeggieBoards banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm not vegan, just a wannabe.<br><br><br><br>
I'm very proud -- today, for the first time, I had a vegan cup of tea. I secretly bought some Soya milk from Holland & Barratt yesterday and hid it under my bed. My mum once told me it tasted like grass. I love it. It tastes a bit like porridge oats and I love it.<br><br><br><br>
The reason behind all the secrecy is because my parents (my Dad, mainly) would totally blow a fuse if they knew. My Dad can't even understand why I ask for vegetarian cheese, or refuse to eat yoghurts / sweets with gelatine. So not eating dairy? No chance!

·
Registered
720 Posts
For soy milk, Silk is pretty good, but I find it to be too spendy, and I can only find the large containers of it, so they always go bad before I can finish them. I buy Westsoy or SoyPure (both about $0.95).<br><br><br><br>
I've recently tried oat milk, and thought it was fabulous, though the kind I'd tried wasn't fortified, and I prefer the extra vitamins. If there's fortified (B12 and Vitamin D) oat milk, I'd try it.<br><br><br><br>
The change to non-animal milks does take some adjustment... I was never a big cow's milk drinker, but it took some time before I could really enjoy a bowl of cereal or cup of tea/coffee w/soy in it. Eventually, though, my taste buds readjusted. Just keep trying different types, and stop drinking the cow's milk, and you'll find a soy/rice/oat milk that you like!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts