VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I want to reduce my dairy intake, so could you be as kind as to tell me which UK supermarkets stock Soy Milk, or any alternatives to regular Milk please? Also, how much is it roughly?

Thanks!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I would say that all of them do. They range in price from unsweetened, unfortified Tesco Value-style at about 50p to the refrigerated Alpro kind with vitamins and calcium, at about £1.40. Many have rice milk too.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I buy Waitrose brand soymilk for 95p and waitrose brand oatmilk for £1.35. Both are calcium fortified. They are on the free from aisle.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Morrisons has Alpro soymilk & own brand soymilk refrigerated in the dairy aisle. It also has small portions of Alpro chocolate soymilk (yum) in the dairy aisle and non-refrigerated 'so good' soymilk (ugh) next to the lactose-free stuff, and rice dream in both plain (sweetened) and vanilla flavours in the 'free from' section.

Like everyone has said, it's everywhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
if you get really stuck there is always good old H&B! but like others have said soya milk is pretty much in every supermarket now. im not too big of a fan of soya milk though(although choccy flavour is soooo yummy!) i prefer rice milk. if you find you dont like soya milk then there are other options to try, such as the rice milk and hazelnut/almond milk. good luck!

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Ditto to what the others have said. I tend to buy the Waitrose brand as well, because it's cheap, but the other brands (at Waitrose or Sainsbury's) are only a few pence more.

Waitrose did just start stocking this Rice Dream variety, hazelnut and almond...oh man, it is the BEST stuff on cereal.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought I'd update this instead of making a whole new topic, but I bought some soy milk in Asda today. I'm quite pleased to be cutting out milk for the time being. ^^

It tasted fine this morning on my cereal, but you can certainly taste the different when served with tea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts