VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. says it "will continue to work aggressively with outside supply partners to develop a zero trans-fat doughnut."

"I think you're going to see the heavy doughnut user, if you will, walk away from the Krispy Kreme with no trans fats and say, 'Hmm, tastes different,'" Lempert said. "It's not that it tastes better or worse. It just tastes different."

As long as it tastes as yummy I don't care

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
merged threads

·
Registered
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Plastic Straw View Post

Mighty O rocks. They're best when they're fresh, but even if they're a couple days old they're good. The ones they have that are dipped in chocolate and then coconut are foodgasmic.
Ahem. I see we have a Foamy fan in the house.
Sweetness.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My first year in college, I swear I gained 10 pounds just from these. Almost every cafe and eating place on campus has these. I'd go in to get something healthy for lunch and would walk out with a donut. I have to agree that the chocolate coconut ones are the best.
Hmmm, I may have to make a stop on my way to class today.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I figured they would be good.

Although, the 15$ shipping charge PER ITEM is a little more than I would like to pay. I almost had a heart attack when I saw that on the website. Why do they charge $15 PER ITEM for the donuts but not for the vegan cookies?

I realize that the donuts are more perishable but if I order two bags of the mini donuts I don't think the shipping would really cost $30?

I'll just wait until I can get them elsewhere ...I'll be satisfied with the Nutrilicous ones for now (they sell the donut holes in Whole Foods now!)

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenfluff View Post

I figured they would be good.

Although, the 15$ shipping charge PER ITEM is a little more than I would like to pay. I almost had a heart attack when I saw that on the website. Why do they charge $15 PER ITEM for the donuts but not for the vegan cookies?

I realize that the donuts are more perishable but if I order two bags of the mini donuts I don't think the shipping would really cost $30?

I'll just wait until I can get them elsewhere ...I'll be satisfied with the Nutrilicous ones for now (they sell the donut holes in Whole Foods now!)
You should look around. We have a donut place in PDX (Voodoo) that makes like 6 vegan varieties. They are, IMO, better than Mighty O (both are much better than nutralicious). A lot of people in town don't seem to know that Voodoo makes vegan donuts so you might want to check the websites of any local donut places you have.

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
My big question - what vegan donut will stand up to the old-school, southern big hole style Krispy Kreme (not the thick, cakey variety they've flooded the left coast with in the last 8 years - the real deal)? I've tried none, for fear of disappointment.

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel View Post

My big question - what vegan donut will stand up to the old-school, southern big hole style Krispy Kreme (not the thick, cakey variety they've flooded the left coast with in the last 8 years - the real deal)? I've tried none, for fear of disappointment.
Years ago (when I was less sedentary) I made a batch of vegan donuts adapted from an emeril lagasse beignet recipe. They were the best vegan donuts I have had. The problem is that there is so much pressure to make vegan food also healthy that most vegan donuts tend to be cake type donuts.

I've yet to have a krispy kreme and if I get one it will be left coast so I can't comment further.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

You should look around. We have a donut place in PDX (Voodoo) that makes like 6 vegan varieties. They are, IMO, better than Mighty O (both are much better than nutralicious). A lot of people in town don't seem to know that Voodoo makes vegan donuts so you might want to check the websites of any local donut places you have.
I love Nutralicious. There are no vegan doughnut places near here. I live near Vegan Essentials and they carry the Nutrilicious - so I can always order and go and pick them up. A few stores around here carry them too. I don't eat them every often so I don't mind to just get the Nutrilious but it looked like Mighty O had a couple flavors that Nutrilicious doesn't have - I'll just wait until I go to Seattle someday.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post

I've yet to have a krispy kreme and if I get one it will be left coast so I can't comment further.
I tried Krispy Kreme years ago and I didn't like them. To me they were flat and boring. But then I grew up on Dunkin Donuts so I am partially to the cake donuts - I am waiting for a vegan donuts with sprinkles on top or with the strawberry or cherry icing or my favorite, the coconut one!

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I think the ones I tried once were VeganSweets from Pangea...I didn't like them at all...they tasted too nutritious. I was expecting junk food, like Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kremes. They ended up in the garbage. What a waste of good money! I would love to try the Mighty-O.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mighty O's are super awesome. If only we didn't have to pay shipping. But I'm actually glad we do. It makes them less likely to be bought all the time, therefore less likely I'll have chocolate frosting on my lips all the time.

Oh, and I never thought I'd have a boston creme again, after becoming vegan and more aware of death by donuts, but somehow they did it. And they did it flawlessly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts