VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Hahhaa, that's great!

I love MS jokes... who else but Microsoft would make you click START to shut down your computer

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert

Hahhaa, that's great!

I love MS jokes... who else but Microsoft would make you click START to shut down your computer
One of my favourites is when Windows (95/98) crashes/hangs, and when you reset your computer, Windows (as it starts) says "Windows did not shutdown correctly and will now run a scandisk. Next time please shutdown your computer correctly" (or words to that effect).

I think Windows should detect that it was its fault and apologise, rather than blame the user.

And when you do shut Windows down it says "it's now safe to turn your computer off". Oooh, "safe"! Like the world will end if you switch it off at any other time. Sometimes I turn mine off while Windows is running just to spite it.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hehehhe ... that was funny.

Hmmm, Canadian one eh ...hmmmmm
(wpould be interesting to hear a Newfoundland one or a Cape Breton one ... hehe)

" Sometimes I turn mine off while Windows is running just to spite it."

Hmmm, this may explain why your's hangs/crashes a lot ...hehe

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dk_art

Hmmm, this may explain why your's hangs/crashes a lot ...hehe
Actually, I rarely have a problem. The only problems I have had recently were caused by Norton's System Works (that program was coded by the Devil himself) and ZoneAlarm (which isn't always happy running with other services).

I'm glad that Windows isn't perfect, because if it worked perfectly all the time for people I'd have to find something else to do.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.