VeggieBoards banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
"Pluck" is another word for perseverence/determination.

A little bit of determination is better than a lot of luck.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I keep most of my fortunes taped up to my darkroom wall at work. The two that I remember:

Discontent is the first step in the progress of a nation or man in bed (I'm not that bad. really!)

You look pretty in bed. (see!)

·
Banned
2,807 Posts
i got these a while ago:

good things are being said about you in bed

you will met strange people at a party in bed

hm, does that make sense? i did go to a party and met strange people that day, but i certainly did not find myself in any bed. t'was a comfy couch, maybe.

·
Registered
230 Posts
WooHoo!! I thought I was the only weirdo who keeps their fortune cookie papers! I have a whole jar of them and someday when I'm really bored I'm planning on making a framed collage of all of them.

The one I got yesterday at lunch says: "You will become more passionate and determined about your convictions." Which is true because my goal is to become vegan by the end of the year!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I got a double-hitter today with my Kung Pao Tofu.

Your home is a pleasant place from which you draw happiness (in bed).

You are very expressive and positive in words, acts and feeling (in bed--hummina, hummina
).

Two fortune cookie conundrums:

1. When you get two, is one invalid? Are you double lucky?

2. What's the deal with the nonpredictive fortunes? I feel cheated when I get statement-type fortunes. I want to know my future, dang it. This leads me to my Fortune Cookie Hypothesis. There are three kinds of "fortunes" tucked into cookies. First, one giving an actual prediction of future events. Second, an I'm-okay-you're-okay affirmation, such as the ones I received with my lunch. Third, a bit of wisdom such as "Confucius say."

3. Did I just waste time pondering fortune cookies?

·
Registered
230 Posts
You're missing out VeggCore.. I find it hard to believe that you've never gone out for Chinese food!

The fortune cookie is the best part of a good Chinese dinner
MmMmMmmm tangy tofu & eggplant..

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Most, if not all, have egg.

Which reminds me, I had the most disgusting dream last night. I was thinking that there seem to be no dessert items (other than the fortune cookie) at Chinese restaurants.

So my idea was to have a fortune cookie cone, with rice scooped in (like an ice cream cone) and then saturated with soy sauce (like a sno-cone).

Yum yum give me some.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Hehehehe.
This thread has given me such a case of the giggles I almost wet my pants.

Thanks for the laugh guys, I really needed it.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
An old one I keep in my wallet:

It is impossible to please everybody. Please yourself first in bed.

hehe

I got this yesterday at Harmony:

You'll accomplish more if you start now in bed.

Well, alrighty!

41 - 60 of 78 Posts