VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't check if this has already been posted... sorry if it has.<br><br><br><br>
Everytime I get my three best friends together they make sure in advance that I'll be making this dip. Serves 3-5<br><br><br><br>
-<b>one 250mL container of cream cheese</b> (low fat, no fat, all fat... it doesn't matter - you make the call)<br><br>
-<b>one 500mL container of salsa</b> (I recommend Neal Brother's organic salsa. It's not too expensive and it tastes amazing. Spicy is my favourite, but you can choose any heat, or any salsa you desire)<br><br>
- <b>grated cheddar cheese</b><br><br>
- <b>green onions</b><br><br>
- <b>tomatoes</b> (I used cherry tomatoes, but it's your call)<br><br><br><br>
1. Using a spatula or thick butterknife, spread all the cream cheese evenly on a flat plate.<br><br>
2. Pour salsa over the cream cheese layer and spread evenly. Usually 500mL of salsa covers a 250mL layer of cream cheese perfectly.<br><br>
3. Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese (you could also mix in some Monterey Jack) evenly over salsa layer. You decide how much is good.<br><br>
4. Wash and thinny chop desired amount of green onions, and sprinkle them over cheese layer.<br><br>
5. Dice washed tomatoes and layer over green onions.<br><br>
6. Serve with corn chips. (Might I recommend Neal Brother's organic black corn chips)<br><br><br><br>
Steps 3,4 and 5 are optional. Try experimenting with other ingredients if you so desire.<br><br><br><br>
Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
This sounds similar to a layered dip my aunt used to serve. It would be<br><br>
very easy to veganize. I would start it off with some<br><br>
finely shredded lettuce, followed by fake ground meat,refried beans,<br><br>
black olives,chopped green onion, chopped tomatoes,guacamole,<br><br>
vegan shredded cheese,salsa, and a big fat layer of vegan sour cream.<br><br>
Thanks for posting!I forgot all about this yummy recipe.:veb

1 - 2 of 2 Posts