VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this? Last night three sons had to choose a date for their mom. Then they found out that one of the contestants had killed an ex-girlfriend's cat with a vacuum cleaner. He didn't deny it or show any remorse. He said it was an accident, but I doubt it because it takes some effort to beat a small animal to death. I wouldn't allow such an individual to date my mother, but it didn't seem to faze anybody else on the program. I couldn't watch it after that. Ugh! These shows get worse and worse.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Ugh! I wouldn't want someone capable of that even in my house!

I've seen the meet my folks version, but not this new one. I liked in the previews how during the lie detector test, the son asks one guy, "Would you resent me if I put you in a nursing home?"

The thing I don't like about the show, is that the people they have to choose from usually ALL suck.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Well, the "cusp of cool" is an elusive position. Producers, writers, and the rest are all trying to make it big, and one way that has worked in the past is by finding out what the next big thing is and beating everyone else to sell it. Capitalism, fun stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.