VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br><br><br><br>
Are most people taking 81 mg of aspirin as part of their regular regimen? Also, are statins ever contraindicated because of their negative affect on muscles? And, finally, my family doctor is willing to give me Ativan to help me sleep through the night and not wake up screaming from the nightmares caused by my rhythmodan-Monocor combination. What is the latest rearch and product development in this field? Any information shall be a great help.<br><br><br><br>
Thanks,

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
I doubt "most" people would take aspirin. I only know one person who does, I don't, I'm allergic to salicylates. An awful lot of people are, it's a very common allergy. I have no training in the medical field so I'm not touching the rest of the questions.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I don't know about 'most' people taking aspirin but I do know a few personally. Usually it's for a heart/stroke related problem and the aspirin is prescribed by their doctor. I don't think anyone should just start taking it without a doctor's recommendation.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Hi,<br><br>
Unfortunately, not much research & development done for a better medicine to this direction as rightly pointed out in a book With a license to kill by John Josefson (available at <a href="http://www.lulu.com/content/587718" target="_blank">http://www.lulu.com/content/587718</a> or you can now get it from Amazon. The ISBN number is 978-1-84753-026-4) Knowing the limitations, I continue with 81mg aspirin daily as well as fish oils,vitamins,and I just started taking conenzyme q10.My cardiologist wants me to stay healthy so as not to complicate things later on if I develop hardening of the arteries .<br><br>
I hope you are all right.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It's really not healthy to take aspirin regularly, even though they do recommend it as a way to decrease risk of heart attack. Most people I know don't take it daily. My dad used to until we found out that it really is not good for you. As for your other questions, I don't know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts