VeggieBoards banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
No it doesnt make me feel sick when I see someone cooking it or when I smell it. It just makes me sick thinking about it that they are eating a once living things muscles and everything.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Critter,

I have to admit that the spices they put on these Italian meatballs at the store where I work do smell pretty good. Your mention of the Italian sausage reminded me of it.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I have been a vegetarian for 13 years and the smell of some kinds of meat actually make my mouth water. It's funny because my kids will say, "Oh! That stinks!" Meanwhile, I am thinking it smells pretty good. (I wish I wasn't this way, though)

What grosses me out is the sight of meat...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
There is this little stand in a mall near my house that sells all of that smoked meat junk, and the other day they were actually FRYING some right there. Half the malls air was clogged with that meaty death fog and I almost passed out

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Tova

Meat smells nasty.

But the ultimate nasty smell for me is parmeson cheese. GROSS!
I've always thought it smells like vomit, luckily vegan parmesan doesn't smell nearly as bad!!

I'm mainly affected by the look of things, meat is usually cooked with herbs/spices/seasoning so it can often smell ok. Raw meat/seafood smell is sooo disgusting. Even as a meateating kid I used to hold my breath walking past the butchers or fishmongers - yuck! When I went out with friends a couple of months ago they had lobster & it made me feel so ill to watch them tear apart a whole creature
horrible.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
It smells like vomit because probably, it is vomit, sort of.

http://www.materials.addr.com

search for "nursing neonates" on this page

Parmesan cheese probably contains rennet. Rennet is the stomach enzyme that babies, neonates, of all mammals, use to help them digest their mother's milk, and contributes to the smell of baby vomit -- which people sometimes called "cheese" with good reason. Both cheese and baby vomit, are milk, of the animal's mother, or the human's mother, that has been acted upon by stomach enzymes. In baby vomit, the milk is acted upon by enzymes, in the baby's stomach; in cheese, the baby's stomach is cut out of the baby, after the baby is killed, and then added to the milk that people have taken from its mother, and placed in a bowl, or whatever.

Baby vomit: milk partially digested by stomach enzymes; the milk is drawn into the baby's stomach by the baby; then the mixture is ejected from the baby's stomach by the baby.

Cheese: milk partially digested by stomach enzymes; the enzymes are acquired by killing the baby and cutting out its stomach; then, because its baby is dead, the milk is drawn from the mother by someone other than the baby, and mixed with the enzymes from its mother, in a bowl.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
My goodness, if I wasn't already vegan that would have persuaded me! The thought of that just turns my stomach

·
Registered
478 Posts
Well, that would explain why I find the smell of cheese to be quite disgusting - particularly when compared to other dairy products.

I'll have to remember that point for future reference !

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
ewww, i'm totally grossed out about the vomit cheese thing. and yes, meat makes me dizzy and nautious. my great-grandmother lives with us and she cooks chicken, like all the time. i actually have to leave because i get nautious and dizzy. you know when you;re nautious and your mouth starts watering cause you wanna spew!? that happens to me. it's so embarrassing that my house smells like when my boy friend (j fizzle 81) comes over. i've recently started to not come home because of it. pretty gross stuff. burning flesh, yum!!!! (sarcasm)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I don't mind the smell of cooking cheese.

It's more the idea of something being dead and being cooked. blah. the worst smell is pork cooking. that seriously turns my stomach..

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.