VeggieBoards banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
If mapleleaf is beginning to make products with soy then it shows that they have noticed an increase in demand for soy products and a decrease in demand for meat products and are acting accordingly, and isn't this what we want?

I can understand your disgust with a company that still continues to slaughter animals for food but we need to encourage them to make the switch to soy products otherwise we will lose them. And they will go back to only using meat...

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rainlily

If mapleleaf is beginning to make products with soy then it shows that they have noticed an increase in demand for soy products and a decrease in demand for meat products and are acting accordingly, and isn't this what we want?

I can understand your disgust with a company that still continues to slaughter animals for food but we need to encourage them to make the switch to soy products otherwise we will lose them. And they will go back to only using meat...
We don't have to worry about losing them. My feeling is that it's only a matter of time before Yves and Amy's and all these other great companies get snapped up by conglomerates, and we won't have a choice anyway.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
do you think they would actually sell out ? when i read the information on yves packages it always says that they strive to provide a nurshing and all around good fo you product. i like to think when i buy veg products its from a company that wants to help people eat better. its just about money for them too ? that might sound nieve but thats what i think.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by V3gan

do you think they would actually sell out ? when i read the information on yves packages it always says that they strive to provide a nurshing and all around good fo you product. i like to think when i buy veg products its from a company that wants to help people eat better. its just about money for them too ? that might sound nieve but thats what i think.
Businesses exist to make a profit. They may promote themselves as having "values" that attract certain types, but they have to make money to survive. You are nothing more than a market niche.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tame

Businesses exist to make a profit. They may promote themselves as having "values" that attract certain types, but they have to make money to survive. You are nothing more than a market niche.
No doubt described that way in their business plan. But also probably described as a growing market segment, making you an attractive niche.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Businesses get taken over. Yves and lightlife may find that all their shareholders happen to be conagra executives sometime, and if that happens, and there's a shareholder meeting, they have a say in what happens to the cmpany. So these companies get swallowed up.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts