VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new blender. I am searching for recipes that involve a blender only. I have found a few on the site but I was hoping to get a collection of them here. If you have any unique or simple "meals from the blender" recipes, please post. Thank you.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Blender only as in no additional cooking?

Hummus with garbanzos from a tin, walnut & red bell pepper spread and beetroot & walnut paste come to mind (possibly guacamole too, although I've never made that). Babaghanoush doesn't require too many extra steps either, since all you need to do beforehand is stick the eggplant in the oven and then peel away the skin. Mango soup is another fairly quick one, but it does involve making spice perfumed oil...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Snow White, I am fine with additional cooking. I have never heard of Babaghanoush. I need to look into that. Thank you.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Lots of soups could use a blender to puree them.

And there is always the ubiquitous margarita!

·
Registered
333 Posts
My family's Transylvanian, so baba ghanoush was always a staple. Their version is just eggplant, onion, oil, lemon juice and salt. I always sprinkle on some paprika or black pepper and other additions I've tried include tahini, garlic, walnuts & (soy) yogurt, but I'm sure there are lots more. There's a similar Indian dish, but it was in a book I bought as a present and I didn't have time to write it down. Should have kept it

Thick soups are a good idea. Vegetarian Mulligatawny or all sorts of other lentil/tomato/potato-ey concoctions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts