VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a recent raw foodist. And my daughter is 12 and hooked on junk food, not just the candy, but fast food, white flour and sugar, etc.

She has recently reached a point with her weight and acne, that she is fed up with her own body. Tonight, I pulled her into "eating healthy" with me. But she fights it so hard, saying she can't do it, it's too hard, etc. I convinced her to do it with me through the weekend, then I will try and get her to do the whole week. I feel SOOO much better since getting rid of all my processed and cooked foods, I know she will too. She wants to do it, but she's scared.

I would love to get her to raw foods, but she is the type that needs to transition to that. So, first we're just getting rid of the junk food. Here's my question, she has to eat breakfast and lunch at school. Of course, the cafeteria food is junk. I want to send her to school with easy to pack food, and stuff that won't leave her hungry and tempted to go eat the pizza or muffin, etc.

What do you guys/girls pack for lunch if you're going to school or on a road trip, etc.?

Thanks,

Lana

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great answers so far. Hope I get more.

Today, I sent her to school with a salad, dried fruit in a bag, a natural fruit "roll up" and two organic oatmeal/raisin cookies.

She is far from going raw. like I said that would be great. But I just want her to get away from the junk. I'm going to direct her to this site, I'm hoping she'll get some strength in her convictions from the teens in here. Reading the posts, most of you are very dedicated to not only being a vegetarian, but other things in your life. It's inspiring.

I wouldn't want to "restrict" her choices at the cafeteria. I would want her to chose something healthy because she wants it. I think that would make her feel like I'm trying to treat her like a 5 year old, and it would probably embarrass her. Besides, if she really wanted it, she could get her friend to get stuff. And the milk and a piece of fruit are the only "healthy" things on the menu.

So, thanks for the lunch ideas. Please keep them coming,

Best wishes,

Lana

1 - 2 of 2 Posts