VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to confess that as a new vegetarian I have been eating more junk than I should. I find myself being hungry more often, but I see by the forums that's pretty normal. I thought if I could get an idea of how many servings of each of the food groups others are eating in a day it might help me. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
You can actually just use the USDA MyPyramid website: <a href="http://www.mypyramid.gov/mypyramid/index.aspx" target="_blank">MyPyramid calculator</a> - you'll notice the "meat" group is now "meat & beans." Now that includes beans/legumes, nuts, and seeds.<br><br>
I would say feel free to adjust based on how hungry you feel, but check your weight periodically to make sure you aren't gaining or losing weight if you don't want to. It really helps me feel full when I make sure I have a good source of protein and a little bit of fat at each meal.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am pretty new to being vegetarian myself almost 3 months now.... The first week or so I was living off of just beans and rice, Veggie Pizza, pickles, salad... I struggled alot.<br><br>
Then someone on this site said something about Sparkpeople.com.... I used it for ideas on what to eat and how to plan my daily meals, I dont use it to much anymore but really help me feel ok with the nutrients I should be getting and what I was actually getting. Now I have 7-10 different recipes I can cook pretty well, and I snack on things on Greek Yogurt for Protein. There are other sites like it out there as well... but that is the one i know of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts