VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heya im new round here. but been checking vegweb regually for a while.

basically i started being a veggie in '99 i cant really remeber how it happened it just phased in. I think it was probably the obvious stage next because some leaflet had exposed me to the horrors of vivisection and i suddenly realised that i didn't wanna be a part of this anymore. So i went home and threw all the sunny d out.

then i got talking to some people (who are vegan) and i thought it was all a little crazy - couldnt see the point in it at all before. and then i started reading the links!

so i've been vegan about a month. which im hoping to keep up. it was easier than i thought but im a bit parnoid im not getting all the right stuff!

so there u go thats me. feel free to mail me

SS

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome.

A word of advice. When I became vegan there were a couple of months when I was continually buying products which unbeknownst to me contained animal products. I would drop a product from my diet and then next week I would find out about some other food which contained animal products and I would have to quit buying it, and so on and so forth.

My point is there is always a trial and error period. The point is that you are trying and not renigging on the personal commitment you have made with yourself. Do not be discouraged when you find out that you have consumed a product with animals in it so long as it was accidental. Being a vegan, to me, is about a personal commitment to knowingly exclude animal products for various reasons. If you are making a valiant effort but a few items slip in under your radar occasionally, personaly I would not fret it. Do what I do, make a personal note and do not buy it in the future. Stay strong veggie friend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.