VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is doing a presentation on why process [email protected] are bad for one... and their contents.<br><br><br><br>
Are there any websites from a vegetarian/vegan perspective? Is there a website discussing all the nasty products/additives in those so called foods?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I would talk about the use of BGH which is outlawed in some countries but allowed in the US.<br><br><br><br>
I think that pesticide levels in animal flesh is higher than in plants because they are higher in the food chain. I'm not sure about this though but your friend could do some research. For sure, there is a problem with contamination of fish.<br><br><br><br>
Most animal flesh has substantial amounts of saturated fat which is linked to heart disease and some forms of cancer. Almost all plant foods are low in saturated fat.<br><br><br><br>
The World Health Organization and other major health organizations thoughout the world recommend that people consume at least 55 percent of their calories from carbohydrates. Americans in general don't consume that much and need to increase the carbohydrates in their diets. Animal flesh doesn't contain carbohydrates; carbohydrates come from plants. So, Americans need to eat more plant foods.<br><br><br><br>
I'm sorry, I don't have any links for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts