VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends and I did a protest at McDoanlds this pass Friday and it was a major success, for it being the first protest I've ever organized.

Check out my blog post about it:
http://joel-mercado.blogspot.com/201...mccruelty.html

Has anyone else ever protest at McDonalds and if so, whats the worst reaction you've gotten?

I only got one bad reaction from a McDonald employee who was offering people $5 to throw McNuggets at us. Besides that, it was great! Tons of support by local people.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven't been a part of a protest (yet). Kudos to you, though. Did anyone actually take up the offer of throwing nuggets for $5? Things like that make my faith in humanity nearly impossible to be reignited.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
He was paying people to throw stuff at you? Couldn't he have gotten fired because of that?

One day, I do want to be part of a protest. I haven't been to one yet.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I understand that some activists have had a lot of success at similar protests by bringing free vegan food samples, something that rivals what's sold inside. Like for McDonald's, soy chicken nuggets, to let the people know about delicious alternatives. I didn't see that mentioned in the article, but have you tried anything like that before and if so what were the results?

·
Registered
3 Posts
No one took the offer of throwing McNuggets at us.

@Josh James: This was the first protest I've organized and that sounds like a Good idea for a future protest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts