VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, since "ethnic food" is just basically food from foriegn countries, would a mcdonalds in, i don't know, Asia or wherever, be considered ethnic?

heheheheh. there's a scary thought

*Sigh* i'm bored.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Maccas often (or used to) have themes (part of their "new taste" menu). Eg; for a couple of weeks they'd have Indian-type food (I think a Big Mac with some curry spices thrown in *L*), then they'd have something Aussie (a damper roll instead of normal burger buns).

And other major fast-food holes sometimes have themes with their food... one (KFC or some place like it) has a "traditional" Greek chicken and salad wrap (of course, nothing traditional about that crap).

American Cowboys and Indians is also popular with restaurants.... places like "Silver spurs" and "Lonestar Steakhouse" (just hang up a heap of Texas number-plates and heads of Buffalo and you're in business). And down the road is "Redskin's Burger Hut" with something like "traditional" burgers.... that place has a heap of drawings of American Indian stuff and a big sign with a drawing of an Indian Chief saying "The Chief thanks you for eating at his Burger Hut" (it's run by a Greek guy, decked out in 1950's US diner styles and has an American Indian theme).

I've heard all about the Outback restaurants in the US..... and I sympathise with you.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
We also have Wallaby's (in the midwest). Yes, Australian stuff is all Foster's kangaroo's and Koala bears. The motif gets a little silly.

We have Lonestar here. For us, the steakhouses take on a Texas theme. But Native American would seem a little hokey and strange here.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
In the midwest at least, they sold Johnsonville Brat for a while, and I remember some stupid ad with a slogan that could be interpreted as having a sexual connotation that made me laugh. Something like, "Don't forget to ask for a big Johnson!" or "Bite into our new Johnson." Sort of like Schwety Weiner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts