VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a question, but don't want to upset anyone. I hope this doesn't.

Do you avoid foods that say 'may contain' non vegan ingredients? I'd really appreciate an explanation to this too please.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
nope, if it's just a trace because they share the same equipment, then it's not an issue for me.....for some it is, you just have to decide for yourself.

In the big picture, if a machine is minutely contaminated with trace dairy or eggs, it's mainly listed for allergy purposes anyway

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Just a precaution for traces of XYZ, for allergies, or to warn the consumer that the product was prepared in a plant where other ingredients were used.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
No, I have no problem. My vegan hotdogs not too long ago were made on machines that processes eggs as well, but I ate them anyways.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoshave View Post

No, I have no problem. My vegan hotdogs not too long ago were made on machines that processes eggs as well, but I ate them anyways.
Did the machine bits get stuck in your teeth?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMTL View Post

Just a precaution for traces of XYZ, for allergies, or to warn the consumer that the product was prepared in a plant where other ingredients were used.
Agree... I don't worry about this with food.

I did stop using lipsticks and blush that "may contain" carmine, though. In this case I read the "may contain" a little differently -- to me this seems like the company made one list of ingredients for all their lipstick shades, and couldn't be bothered representing which were vegan and which weren't.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You make a good point.

Thanks for all the comments. I know I will need to make my own mind up about these things, but it's nice to bounce ideas off people. I don't know any vegans, so I find asking those questions here really helpful.

Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I tend to, simply because we have a severe soy allergy, and I don't want to send anyone to the hospital. :/

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
How can you people call yourselves vegans?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeryFairy View Post

Ohnoes, I consumed a molecule of milk unintentionally. I must hand back my secret vegan decoder ring!
Not only that, but I'm turning you in to the Vegan Police.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.