tasting brand)

12 oz can of tomato paste

1 C dry red wine (may omit)

1 C water

1 T salt

1 T sugar

1/2 t pepper

1 T dried Oregano (or 3 T fresh)

Pour olive in a huge pot; add onion and garlic and sauté 8 - 10 minutes until golden. Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove lid and cook another half-hour if desired (to thicken).

This serves 8 - 10, but you can easily cut the recipe in half.

I often use the leftovers as a pizza sauce.

After it's finished cooking, I use my hand blender to puree the sauce, but if you don't have one, simply blend the tomatoes in a blender or food processor BEFORE adding them to the pot.

This is best served with fresh bread, salad and baked tofu.

Also - you may add 1 1/2 pounds of sliced sauteed mushrooms, just before serving.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Baked Tofu 1

2 pounds firm tofu

canola or vegetable oil

Nutritional yeast

"chicken" flavoring

whole wheat flour

salt & pepper

Combine in a bowl 1/2 Cup flour, 1/2 Cup Nutritional yeast, 1/4 Cup "chicken" flavoring, 1/4 t pepper and 1/2 t salt.

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F

Pour 3 Tables oil (each) into two 9x13 baking pans. Cut each pound of tofu into 10 - 12 slices and coat with mixture. Place in oiled pans and bake 18-20 minutes, turn over and bake another 15 - 18 minutes depending on how firm you like tofu.

Good in sandwiches with avocado, lettuce and tomato or with the marinara sauce.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The product that I use is called "Vegetarian Chicken Stock"

it is a powder. I purchased it from Dixie Diners Club.

I never use all of the mixture. I just keep some stored in my fridge all the time. Feel free to add more or less of anything...mine is never exactly the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.