VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's March where I am (or it will be in 1 hour and 39 minutes), so here's the March thread.

This is for advice, encouragement, etc of health-related goals. Ready, go!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My February goals were:
Quote:
*exercise 15 times during the month
*eat 130 pieces of sweet fruit (avg 4.5 per day)
*stretch for 20 mins 20 times
*more water
I didn't get that far - only exercised 10 times, had 64 pieces of fruit, stretched 6 times, and did ok on water most of the time but terrible the last week.

Better than nothing, though!

For this month, my goals are:

Exercise 18 times (4 days per week)
Stretch 16 times for 20 minutes
Eat 100 pieces of sweet fruit
More water still
Dance for 10 minutes at least 5 times per week

·
Registered
456 Posts
New goals!

Lose 5 lbs
6+ mile hike 3 times - I have to get ready for the summer, I am planning on backpacking every other weekend.
3 mile walk 5 times/week
Eat fresh fruit and veg everyday
Cut sugar out of daily tea

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I'm not going to make any weight goals this month, I know where I'd like to be, but it gets me down if I don't hit them within a space of time.

SO I didn't lost anything last month for more than a couple of days. But I ate a lot of fruits and vegetables, which is good! Plan to continue the same.

Also, I need to get to ballet more and hopefully run a lot more as soon as I get over second cold in 3 weeks!

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I'm in again. I lost 8lbs since the start of the year which is pretty lame
but better than no loss and I want to lose at least another 4lbs in March. It is so hard losing weight when I can't do any high impact exercise because of my stupid knee. Grrr.

Good luck people!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

I'm in again. I lost 8lbs since the start of the year which is pretty lame
but better than no loss and I want to lose at least another 4lbs in March. It is so hard losing weight when I can't do any high impact exercise because of my stupid knee. Grrr.

Good luck people!
That's a lot to lose in just 2 months! Don't be down on yourself

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Wow, I have NOT been sticking to my plans. I eat fine, but I've been slacking in the exercise department.
It's funny, I am not working much these days, so I have all the time in the world to exercise, but I find myself just lacking motivation.
I have something coming up soon that I would like to lose a few lbs for, so I have a little more reason to get my butt to the gym, but still. I just need to get back in the swing of things

My goals for this month:

Continue with raw foods eating
Track my food consumption in cronometer
Drink 3-5L water each day
Go to the gym 3x per week (or more)
Walk outdoors 2x per week (or more)

Ultimately I would like to lose 4 lbs, buuuuut, I've been trying to avoid the scale as a measurement of success, since it usually bums me out. I will weigh myself today and then again at the end of March and see if I made this goal.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I do no want to lose weight per say, I want to lose an inch in my waist.

I need to do more yoga.

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
I'm in for March. I will shoot for 6 pounds again, even though I fell short by a couple. Still, I have lost 8 pounds since Jan. 12, and I am happy about that. For once, the numbers went down

Goals for March are:
Continue working out 5 days a week, mostly walking 3 to 4 miles either outside or on the treadmill; include one long hike (minimum 6 miles) once a week.
Continue drinking 48 ounces of water a day.
Continue staying on the WW plan by tracking my food and making healthy, delicious choices.
Cut down on the almonds. I ate way too many last month.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Goal is to lose 3 lbs. Again.
Stop with fast food! Which is hard, had it twice today

Start working out again, I haven't worked out in like a month.
Keep up with green smoothies for breakfast 4 days a week (at least)

I want to start modeling again by summer but this time I want to see how it looks not being considered a plus sized model!

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Water pipes are frozen so I'm not going to exercise today - no shower.
Actually I already kind of need a shower (fantastic). Also not cleaning the house because of that. Oh, well, more lazy-in-bed-time.

·
Registered
961 Posts
My goal...
Lose 5 pounds
Be able to jog longer than i walk when i go for a jog/walk
Eat more veggies and less junk food

·
Banned
1,803 Posts
March goals:

*Go to the gym at least 4 times a week
*Still carry on with the other exercise I've been doing
*Stop eating unhealthy food
*Lose 10lbs at least

I'm going to have a reward system as well... For every 1lb I lose I'm going to put £1 in a jar and then use that money at the end of the month to treat myself to a new book or something... Or carry it over to the next month...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annia View Post

I'm going to have a reward system as well... For every 1lb I lose I'm going to put £1 in a jar and then use that money at the end of the month to treat myself to a new book or something... Or carry it over to the next month...
I love this. I think I'll do the same but with US dollars.

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annia View Post

March goals:

*Go to the gym at least 4 times a week
*Still carry on with the other exercise I've been doing
*Stop eating unhealthy food
*Lose 10lbs at least

Great idea. I think I will do that as well, though with American dollars

·
Registered
656 Posts
I just want to stick to eating well, try to get a bit more veg in if poss, keep up the exercise and reisist sugary treats except for when I have planned them in.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts