VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right! As the japanese and tame-diddy reminded us today, it's time for the 83rd season of the National Professional Tackle Football League. To celebrate, a new man-thread what can be the proverbial basement of beering, footballing, gambling, cheerleader-oagling, and of course, trash-talking. (Notice how beer comes before football?)

This year's superbowl champion, the redskins of washington, will be the crowned Sunday, Feb. 1 at Reliant Stadium, Houston, Texas as the XXXVIII'rd recipient of the Lombardi trophy, the worlds most embarrassing trophy (it's small, it's a football. "woah"...)

Likewise, the White Harts Fantasy Football Franchise will dominate the Washington-Metro Fantasy Football League once again returning to the Wolverine Bowl only to blow it on OT like so many times (once) before. (this is a league i started in high school - we're in our 10th year)

In other man-news, does anyone care to see the REAL pamela anderson anymore, let-alone a CARTOON of her?!?!?!

I will also drink a lot of beer between now and February One. THAT is a guarantee.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I am not a man but I feel obligated to post....

I will have a few fantasy teams, including a league with my brother, my son, my brother in law and my boyfriend in it.....I will also have hockey teams......ooooh yummm hockey men, ice, sticks, fighting,, what more can a girl ask for
sorry I had to get that in...

Not so fast on those Redskins my dear.....

also: no Pamela Anderson doesnt do anything for me.... she kind of frightens me actually.....

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Okay, I think we can all agree that none of us want to see coaches or d-linemen running in their jockstraps.

And the only way the Redskins are going to a Super Bowl is if they get their ticket order in early.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Tame

And the only way the Redskins are going to a Super Bowl is if they get their ticket order in early.
Wouldn't be the first time the owner Daniel Snyder tried to buy his way into the superbowl!!!

When the Ravens went, I was living in Baltimore right next to the stadium. I wanted to treat myself and my lady (she was a big sports fan) to tickets. I knew I'd drop some major loot, but I couldn't get tickets from any of the "ticket services" (high-profile scalpers) for under $2500 per seat
If I had that kinda loot I'da just bought a whopping huge tele to watch it on!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well, Washington's been writing checks with their mouths that their behinds couldn't cash ever since Snyder took over. Steve Spurrier hasn't shown me that he posseses the consistency necessary to succeed in the NFL. We'll see . . .

I look for Pittsburgh to do better this year as well, they have the potential to discourage a lot of up and coming teams.

I can only hope that my Panthers can have a respectable season for a change.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Bankruptor

Steve Spurrier hasn't shown me that he posseses the consistency necessary to succeed in the NFL. We'll see . . .

Hey Joe Gibbs had a lousy first season - lost his first five games in D.C. - but year two? Superbowl champs!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bankruptor

I can only hope that my Panthers can have a respectable season for a change.
Are they still a football team?? in the NFL?!?!?!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power

Are they still a football team?? in the NFL?!?!?!
(sigh) I know . . . . BUT, let's talk about having room for development and growth, these guys can only get better, a worse year this year than last is nigh near impossible . . . .

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SystmDwnGrl

Also, NO CHAMPIONS IN TAMPA.....PLEASEEEE... I dont want to see Gruden running down the freeway in his jockstrap....
we waited a looooooong time for that champeenship!!!!! i don't want to see gruden do that either but.....I WANT ANOTHER SUPERBOWL WIN!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SystmDwnGrl

Being a Saints fan....ummmmI know what its like to never have a championship,,,,or really much success....**sighs**
your time will come SDG (maybe) look how long it took the Bucs to do it (BUT WE DID !!!)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power

Better Gruden than Sapp!
I have no idea what incident this is in reference to, but I have to agree only b/c I HATE WARREN SAPP!!! (I hope that's who you were referring to.)

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well the jockstrap comment by Gruden was in reference to a similar comment made by Warren Sapp about dancing in a jockstrap and that is ssssssscary.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well I wish I could get all rah rah about the upcoming season, but I just don't know if Lord will be the man to turn around Nebraska's woes from last year.

Sorry, I just follow college...

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
College Football is cool. So many teams to keep track of, though! I went to U of MD when football sucked, but they're respectable again. I think they can win the ACC, but with Virginia looking good again, it'll be tought. F**k FSU.

Nebraska's got a lot of turning to do, huh? You think Ohio State is still tops without Maurice Clarett? I'm thinking Miami...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.