VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/16937...t-attack-grill

Quote:
"He was having the sweats and shaking," said Nurse' Bridgett, who was working at the restaurant when the man in his 40s began experiencing chest pains.
"Doctor" Jon Basso, who opened the restaurant in October, told FOX5 at first he thought it was a joke.
"One of the nurses came back to me and said, Dr. Jon, we've got a patient who's in trouble.'"
The restaurant is known for not holding back on the food it serves. Signs around the business glorify bad eating habits and the menu includes items like Flatliner Fries, and Butterfat Milkshakes.
One meal, the "quadruple bypass burger" can easily exceed 8,000 calories.
The gentleman who suffered the heart attack was in the middle of eating a Triple Bypass burger when he began experiencing the symptoms.
Despite the clinical atmosphere, Basso is not actually a medical doctor, so he called 911. Paramedics and EMTs arrived in moments.
"The gentleman could barely talk," said Basso. "He was sweating, suffering. Anyone with an ounce of compassion would've felt for him."
Basso tells FOX5 he has heard the man is alive and recuperating. His name is still unknown.
The staff at the Heart Attack Grill willingly glorifies bad health. If you weigh over 350 pounds, you eat for free. And on Saturday night, Basso saw the other side.
News that does not exactly shock the world

The worst part is that people kept eating after.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
The sad part is that I probably would eat at the veg**n equivalent of that restaurant.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

The worst part is that people kept eating after.
I don't know if I consider that the worst part of the story. There's also the fact that nobody believed the poor guy was having a heart attack and joked about it. Plus the tourists took pictures of him during it thinking it was a stunt and then there are the insensitive people who recorded him being wheeled into the ambulance. I'm glad the guy is alive. I hope he pulls through and begins to make some healthy changes to his diet.

·
Oryzatarian
1,359 Posts
This could be getting misinterpreted.
The owner said he thinks people thought it was a stunt, that may not be the case.
Everyone in there knew perfectly well they were causing serious harm to their bodies that could result in their premature death. Perhaps people were cheering on the guy for his success.
Quote:
Customers, however, continued eating the burgers, fries, and shakes Tuesday night.
Isnt that evidence I may be right?

I know several people that are knowingly causing harm to themselves via their diet, the customers of that grease pit are just a tad more honest is all.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
This was bound to happen eventually. I think it was coincidence. People have heart attacks every day. His was just ironic that he was in a restaurant named after one.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I'd like to feel sorry for this person, but I just can't. They were just asking for an ironic medical condition.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Well, I will spare him some compassion.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydvdr View Post

This was bound to happen eventually. I think it was coincidence. People have heart attacks every day. His was just ironic that he was in a restaurant named after one.
Which only underscores the lunacy of creating a "theme restaurant" based on a fatal disease. I am more offended by the sheer tackiness of the place than the fact that it glorifies the meat industry.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Here is the Heart Attack Grill. I will go out on a limb here and presume the people on these boards wouldn't want to eat here.
I might be wrong, though.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
Hey y'all! Who wants to join me at Paula Deen's Diabetes Grill House this weekend?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts