1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
That is precious!!! Thanks for posting the link

·
Registered
469 Posts
I love reading stories like this. It is so touching and it just shows birds and many other animals are not so different from humans.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've never understood how people can love an animal and continue to eat animals like it. A friend of mine has always had a pet chicken and it boggles my mind how she can still eat chickens without any guilt

I've never eaten anything lamb because my favorite stuffed animal was a lamb when I was younger haha

I loved this article and the picture of him walking with the goose. Now if only he could befriend a cow, pig, and lamb

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The video is super adorable too!

"So how is your night Maria?"

"HONK!"

·
Registered
722 Posts
Cute story, but the way the CBS video phrased it, with the goose and man described as mates, seemed a little creepy to me.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
How cute, that reminds me of the cow years ago that got lose here. He was roaming the area in back of us. Since people knew my husband worked at a slaughterhouse as a guard to bring in cows for you know . They called to let us know that one cow was lose. By the time it came in between the neighbors house and our house I started to scream because I saw a big black and white thing move on my side. Luckily my husband took the cow and brought to a proper place. We live near a farm that farms Cows and stuff not sure what for but they live a happy life and we see them alot during the Spring and summer months.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I saw this video, actually even posted it on my FB page. The video on the news did not mention that he stopped eating poultry though!! That's great!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
So incredible, it's hilarious how she defends him
I reposted it on my FB too

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
aw, sweet
I love geese. her going after the dog reminds me of when ours used to chase my older brother up the entire driveway when he got off the bus after school.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
I'm not sure that I like this story all that much - unless someone has tracked this goose, I think this is probably a goose who was raised by human/s and then dumped in the park, which happens sometimes, so that she's bonded to a human rather than the other geese. That can be a really dangerous situation for those animals.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
The way they made the goose out to be the man's romantic lover was creepy. While it's neat that she has made such a close bond with this man, her goose-socializing skills seem to be deformed.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Here's an update:

The goose they were calling Maria turns out to be a boy, and they're now calling him Mario.

In the meantime, they've begun a 2-year restoration of Echo Park, which includes draining the pond, and Mario has been placed temporarily in quarantine as a precaution, before he is moved to a children's zoo. Mario's friend, Mr. Ehrler, has been granted special visitation rights, so twice a week they get to see each other.

Take a gander:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...UpperPromoArea

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

In the meantime, they've begun a 2-year restoration of Echo Park, which includes draining the pond, and Mario has been placed temporarily in quarantine as a precaution, before he is moved to a children's zoo.03/28/eveningnews/main20048035.shtml?tag=cbsnewsTwoColUpperPromoArea
I wonder where the other geese and ducks from that lake were relocated?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts