VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
what a trippy dude. and his nightly "fire bath". lol.

someone made this interesting comment that i could easily believe since the human body is a wondrous creation (but am too tired to google myself since i just spent the past half-hour reading some of the other articles on the side).
Quote:
From what i have read about the human body, it actualy starts to clean itself after a certain period of time. You will stop producing oil, sebum and smelly sweat.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Lol so now he will never wash again because he didn't get a son, just admit defeat man and shower! To have a son you'd have to cheat on your wife, maybe that is gods will too?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiSis View Post

what a trippy dude. and his nightly "fire bath". lol.

someone made this interesting comment that i could easily believe since the human body is a wondrous creation (but am too tired to google myself since i just spent the past half-hour reading some of the other articles on the side).
Quote:
From what i have read about the human body, it actualy starts to clean itself after a certain period of time. You will stop producing oil, sebum and smelly sweat.
That's not quite accurate. With your hair and skin, harsh cleansing products will strip the oil and sebum, which will send your body into overdrive trying to replace them (and yes, sodium laurel sulphate, found in shampoo, is very harsh on the human body). You'll then have greasy hair/skin, which you'll scrub even harder. Using a more gentle cleanser will prevent this cycle.

I haven't used shampoo or conditioner in over a year now. I wash my hair with baking soda and vinegar; it's clean, and it's in better condition than it ever was before. Some people wash their hair with water only, but I'm not ready to go that far.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
They kept mentioning in the story that the fellow works in 47 degree C heat.
That's 117 degrees F, for those more familiar with the Fahrenheit system.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
I can't go a day without taking a shower. I can't even fathom going years without being clean. It makes me itchy just reading this story.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I can't go a day without taking a shower. I can't even fathom going years without being clean. It makes me itchy just reading this story.
Maybe you just need to take more "fire baths."

Quote:
... yet the only 'cleansing' he does allow himself is a 'fire bath' each evening, which involves smoking marijuana, praying to the Hindu Lord Shiva and dancing around a bonfire.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Its true that your body adjusts if you stop bathing, or don't bath as much. My father only showers once every week or two, but he's never had a body odor.

Dogs are the same way. While working in a dog bathing facility, I learned that bathing your dog too much can cause them to stink even more. People having problems with a smelly dog are washing them twice a week, and that just makes the problem worse.

BUT HIS HAIR!!!!!!
Forget about his body odor! I bet his long hair and beard locks must smell awful!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

Maybe you just need to take more "fire baths."

I think I'll pass on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

BUT HIS HAIR!!!!!!
Forget about his body odor! I bet his long hair and beard locks must smell awful!!!!!!
Yeah I was thinking that as well. I also wonder if it is infested with bugs. Who knows what's been nesting in there.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deis View Post

I haven't used shampoo or conditioner in over a year now. I wash my hair with baking soda and vinegar; it's clean, and it's in better condition than it ever was before.
one of these days, i so want to try this.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts