VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been using soy milk to make tapioca and its good. But my husband is getting too much soy. Rice milk attempts failed twice (would not set do to low protein). Has anyone tried Almond milk for pudding/ tapioca?

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
I've made it with vanilla almond. I found the recipe I used was way too runny. I compared recipes and tried it a second time and it was just fine.
I wouldn't have thought the protein contect would matter with tapioca? It'll thicken in water ok

·
Vegan since 1991
3,665 Posts
We have been using soy milk to make tapioca and its good. But my husband is getting too much soy. Rice milk attempts failed twice (would not set do to low protein). Has anyone tried Almond milk for pudding/ tapioca?
Is your husband allergic to soy foods?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've made it with vanilla almond. I found the recipe I used was way too runny. I compared recipes and tried it a second time and it was just fine.
I wouldn't have thought the protein contect would matter with tapioca? It'll thicken in water ok
Thanks. I had read online that it was the protein content that caused Rice milk not to gell enough.
So if a recipe calls for 2 cups of soy milk, would you put 2 cups of almond or less? (If you remember)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.