VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not really unhealthy (at least the last blood work said so) and I dont have many vices (wine and coffee), I am in a healthy weight range, I'm very active.... BUT I feel like I can make some improvements. Id like to eliminate coffee and wine entirely, get to bed earlier, get up earlier and start my day with yoga. Id also like to eat raw maybe 90%of the time. I think that this will help reduce my anxiety. Yoga in the woods this weekend was amazingly helpful to manage my panic attack, Id like to maybe get off my medication. Maybe I am feeling sluggish after the weekend, we celebrated a little hard for our wedding anniversary/my birthday and I am just not feeling like myself. I have a little bit of a food hangover and I just feel yucky. So tonight I am going to bed early, I am going to practice a little yoga first, take a hot shower and have some tea and read a little. Tomorrow I wake up early, yoga, tea, my run and I will try to keep the stress down and the diet raw. Sorry I'm just rambling....

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
I like it, I like it!

I was looking at how things were when i ate a lot more raw. I felt better, less stress, less inflammation and so on...I am revisiting some totally raw days, starting with all raw meals beyond just green smoothies and accidentally raw lunches when I have salads.

I feel you on the meds situation.

PS: I was gonna call you, then you went on vacation and then the teenagers used ALL the minutes until September 9!
So, I'll text when I can instead.

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
hey i always encourage people to get off anxiety meds such as xanax. all day long, every day i deal with people who are addicted. i even had a patient get over medicated and crash a couple of days ago.

it will take time before you build up enough resilience, but i do believe you can learn to manage your anxiety without medication. that you're thinking these thoughts is a great sign. the best health management is full of good health habits and empty of pills.

you can do it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
i can relate to your post, throughout my life i have been on anxiety tablets but only take them for about 2 weeks then stop as they dont make me feel like myself or zonk me out completely.

i internalize all my anxiety and stress and then it comes out in the form of insomnia and losing weight, losing my appetite.

Cutting out caffeine was a bit help for me. I feel calmer and more relax.

Cutting out sugar and trying to eat as raw as possible also helped.

i know yoga and daily walks in the outdoors would be beneficial, winter here almost spring and i will start that as soon as i can.

i am also on the other side an extremist so when i start with rules i try to push it to the limit and start obsessing about it for that reason I will still have the occasional glass of wine or champagne.

Good luck!

·
Registered
765 Posts
PS. sometimes we are also too hard on ourselves and just need time out to relax and not beat ourselves up so much.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayamon View Post

hey i always encourage people to get off anxiety meds such as xanax. all day long, every day i deal with people who are addicted. i even had a patient get over medicated and crash a couple of days ago.

it will take time before you build up enough resilience, but i do believe you can learn to manage your anxiety without medication. that you're thinking these thoughts is a great sign. the best health management is full of good health habits and empty of pills.

you can do it.
Thanks
Its a scary thought. I know I am addicted. I have been on benzos since I was about 15-16 (Im 27) I have detoxed many times and then the doc (same doc) would just put me back on them and up my dose everytime I asked. I am experiencing some BAD side effects now and I know its time. I have a new doc now and he has me on valium but he is nothing like that other guy (he was awful). I see him Friday to talk to about this.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today is going well by the way, I woke up, had my tea, didnt fret about everything.... We went out and I bought new running shoes (SO excited) and now I am just doing all my "mommy" stuff. When Mike goes to work I am going to practice yoga and just go with the flow. I havent had any anxiety today and I am feeling good.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

I like it, I like it!

I was looking at how things were when i ate a lot more raw. I felt better, less stress, less inflammation and so on...I am revisiting some totally raw days, starting with all raw meals beyond just green smoothies and accidentally raw lunches when I have salads.

I feel you on the meds situation.

PS: I was gonna call you, then you went on vacation and then the teenagers used ALL the minutes until September 9!
So, I'll text when I can instead.
OMG Id kill my kids LOL!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.