VeggieBoards banner

Making homemade raviolis for the family.

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  VeggieFerret 
#1 ·
We found a pasta machine we've had for years so my mom wanted to use it to make some homemade pasta for our sunday dinner. I said as long as i can make some vegan filling ,and she agreed.

My family is omni so my mom made a little game out of it to see which one is better(which means she's willing to try it! Yeah!). So naturally i want to make something that'll knock their socks off.

But i need some tried and true recipes as i'm nervous to try one i've randomly found over the internet(you can never be sure with internet recipes). I was thinking about a spinach tofu filling.

Peta has a Manicotti filling and i know it'll work as a ravioli filling but i'm not sure about taste

http://www.vegcooking.com/recipeshow.asp?RequestID=849

I also found this one ,but again i'm not sure about taste again: http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl..._80120507/pg_2

If anyone knows of any good knock your socks off ravioli filling please share! I really want to impress(it doesn't have to be spinach tofu).

Or let me know which recipe i posted sounds like the better one.

Thank you!

See less See more
#6 ·
One of the best ravioli fillings I've had is butternut squash. So, I'll bet that pumpkin one is to die for.

For another suggestion, inside Vegan Vittles' cookbook is a recipe for Unstuffed Shells. The "unfilling" part of this recipe is AWESOME and I've found uses for this in all kinds of other recipes. I was going to use this for a ravioli stuffing but then the baby came up with the wheat/gluten allergy. So for now, I cannot make it. And btw, I've made this recipe for omni's who (a) had NO idea and (b) it was the favorite on the table that day for main courses.

Good luck and share with us how it went!

#7 ·
Thanks everyone! I'll have to make a hge batch of raviolis for the pumkin and spinach(Thank goodness for freezers!). It'll be a great quick dinner and lunch!

I wasn't abel t make the raviolis for the family that night. My mom said it was to late and she made such a huge mess of the kitchen once she cleaned it she didn't let me start. I'm still annoyed at her for it.. but whatever. I'll make it for dinner later. She promised to eat it. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.