VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother and I go to Pet's Mart once a week to stock up on cat food. I buy for my 20 pound cujo kitty and she buys for her flock of cats. We take it a step further...I take care of 7 strays and she cares for neighbors cats that are neglected.

Today their was a lady buying mass amounts of cat food and she said it was for the strays she has taken in. The seven 'free range' cats I care for are all fixed with shots and have myself and two others feeding them. I also pamper the neighbors cats with attention.

This makes me happy and shows me that not all people on earth are bad.

I wish more people could do this work. I got a booklet for a rescue ranch and can't wait till I can send of my small check to help out. I give to Pet's Mart and their rescue center but want to do more.

·
Registered
950 Posts
go muffcake! props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props and props. and props.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No props needed. Thanks though. Like I said I wish I could do more like volunteer at a center (none locally), give more money (I just don't have it), take in more kitty cats (tried and my cat had a fit) or build my own shelter...

One night I came home nd found a small, scared dog, took it to my mothers to stay, could not find its parents but placed him with an older lady who was lonely and her companion dog passed away. That same night I found a kitten and found its home. I think animals seek me out!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's so nice! Last summer I donated cat food and litter and some money to the humane society. I really want to take in every one of those animals.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually they were spayed before I got here. A local shelter/rescue place did it a few years back and dropped them back off or so I was told. Some of these cats could have went to great homes if they tried placing them. Now they hang out in the parking lot. They are all related. Only two will let you near them. I tried getting one in and she freaked out.

I want to tell some of my neighbors to spay their cats. These people can't care for the cats they have already! Maybe I can sneek around and post some low cost clinic flyers on the apartment message boards so people will take the hint. I say 'sneek' because the manager is very anti-cat and anti-me for the matter and I don't want to cause any more problems for myself. I need to continue staying here to feed the kitties.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts