1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegansarawr View Post

Low Fat Diet
LOL i haven't seen that before. win.

twignveg - if you elaborated a bit and weren't super vague then maybe there will be some people willing to help you out. Most vegetables are going to be low fat, as long as you eat sensible portions and whatnot, or they'll contain healthy fats.

Exercise + Lots of veggies and you're on the right track.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare View Post

twignveg - if you elaborated a bit and weren't super vague then maybe there will be some people willing to help you out. Most vegetables are going to be low fat, as long as you eat sensible portions and whatnot, or they'll contain healthy fats.

Exercise + Lots of veggies and you're on the right track.
What are some good low fat veggie recipes that don't taste like crap. I exercise plenty its just I eat lots of chocolate and eat fatty foods such as pizza and fried chicken. Mainly fried food.

I have cut all of that out, but it gets boring eating plain pasta after a while. What else is there?

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Sooooooo many veggies to eat!

buy anything that is in season and local, the flavor is so much better.

a few quick ideas
tomatoes are in season right now, an easy lunch is a tomato sandwich/pita/wrap, just slice up tomatoes dress with some olive oil, salt and pepper, add herbs like basil and other veggies like sprouts, sliced cucumbers, and a leafy green like romaine or spinach all wrapped up in between bread.

pasta salad, plain pasta sounds horrible, dont do that anymore. add any veggies you have like red onion, bell peppers, olives, tomatoes, carrots, celery....a bean like garbanzo or white bean. mix together with an italian dressing.

soup. Any kind, just add a ton of veggies, kale is easy to add to soup, make soups with a bean like white beans. lentil soup, add spices like cumin and thyme. split pea soup is super ease, just cook split peas in veggie broth add carrots and celery, salt and pepper.

tostadas. since you are used to eating not so healthy foods, it make transitioning to healthy foods easier when you can modify junk food into a healthy version. tostadas use a big chip, so its kinda like junk food but are pretty healthy when you use pinto or black beans, lots of veggies like cabbage, tomatoes, jalapenos, shredded carrots. dress with salsa and fresh guacamole, add a side a rice or soup.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare View Post

I asked a really simple question when I first joined the board and rabitlover did the same thing to me, I died from laughing.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegansarawr View Post

I asked a really simple question when I first joined the board and rabitlover did the same thing to me, I died from laughing.
Haha, love it!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
ok the low fat link was awesome.....can anyone make one of those?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts