VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So anyone here play this card game? A friend at school taught me how to play three weeks ago and I am addicted already! It's crazy!!!

The game is so much fun. I already spent like 40 bucks on it haha. It sucks for the wallet but I love buying packs of cards and seeing what you get...such a surprise. It reminds me of when I used to be into Pokemon cards...only this game is a lot better and much more in depth and cooler.

I'm still a noob but I taught my girlfriend how to play and we've been playing together some nights. It's really fun and she likes it too although she doesn't understand some of the cards yet and gets confused. Right now I'm playing a black and green deck and I'm gonna try and build a deck with red because I have some cool red cards that would work great against someone. Although I don't really wanna spend a lot more on cards right now haha but it's kind of hard to resist. I played my girlfriend for a bit tonight and I won three times and she one twice. Really cool!

Who here plays? How long have you played? Discuss the game in this thread!!!!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I used to play it, and I often used a blue/black deck with some combos in it.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I play it! My boyfriend got me into it about a year ago and since then I've managed to get a pretty decent amount of cards. I ended up getting my brother into it as well and so I play against him sometimes too. My best decks right now are my blue Sphinx deck (it's a milling deck) and my white Ajani deck (lifegain). I'm working on building a green/white deck but it's nowhere near finished yet.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I wanna get into making more decks but I just started and don't have lots of cards. Also, I don't know a whole lot about the game yet to get that into it.

·
Registered
642 Posts
There's a free app on Android for Magic. It lets you create a card wishlist and also serves as a mana/life counter. I've been using that to browse cards and plan decks, it's pretty handy.

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
I play it, too, for about a year now. I play it with my son; he builds the decks and is way better than I am. I use a blue/white that is kickass, and also have a knights deck and a new dragon one that is really fun but too slow to start. I love the new Eldarazi ( butchered that spelling lol) cards. I picked up a pre-made Eldarazi green/black deck from the store, and the card pack in it had the best cards ever!

My son, P, has this killer green deck that beats me every time. He traps my flying creatures with spiders, has 7/7 worms that give him 7 life points when summoned, etc.

.......only slightly addicted........

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I was playing back during the 7th edition, mainly white/green, i have some nice cards, like a 14/14, one */* which strenght and endurance are the numbers of cards in play and another */* the number of cards in the cemetary... i was'nt so much playing with them as making money with them. I was buying a deck and then selling cards individually in my school. Made quiet a lot of money this way. Still have some cards in a corner, one of them is worth around 50 euros i think, perhaps more now. I should sell them on internet one of those days ^^

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I used to play a few years ago, but after I got pregnant and too fat to get to the game store, I stopped
I used to be pretty competitive too, took a few road trips to PTQs and such. I actually just started making an EDH a couple weeks ago, my husband getting almost everything for me. Magic is his life, they are all over my house!

Does anyone else have the xbox game?

·
Registered
468 Posts
haven't rlly played since high school. keep meaning to sell all my old cards on ebay but never get around to it.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Yup, my friends and I were really addicted when we start high school 15 yrs ago... but our lives are all very busy.. we'll play whenever we have a "guys night out" .. or should I say , "guys night in."

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
There's usually four of us that always play.

Also, my decks always sucked ass. One friend is a cheap ******* (tactics wise), one always goes for direct dmg, the third always goes for token/monster stacking. My decks are whatever I think is a fun theme or strategy to play. I sometimes even chose cards by their art :3 ... but I at least use semi-useless nice looking cards
Never completely useless cards , bahahahaha.

It's also really fun when we play free for all... but somehow we always end up ganging up on someone (usually the cheap tactics guy, LOL). I also like 2 vs. 2 matches.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMTL View Post

It's also really fun when we play free for all... but somehow we always end up ganging up on someone (usually the cheap tactics guy, LOL).
Free for alls are a fun way to test friendships.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.