VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What plant based food options are available at six flags? I'm going next week and am curious if they have anything that I can eat there?

·
99% Vegan
162 Posts
According to their website, they do have veggie options like salad. And they do carry something they are calling Sushi. If its real Sushi, then its vegan.

The Go Fresh Cafe is your best option for choices though! I would just inquire about cheese, and leaving the cheese out.
Have fun! :D

·
Vegan since 1991
3,667 Posts

·
Vegan since 1991
3,667 Posts
The Go Fresh Cafe is your best option for choices though! I would just inquire about cheese, and leaving the cheese out.
Have fun! :D
I'm impressed that Six Flags has veggie burgers and meatless "chicken" strips. Like tpkyteroo says, you should ask to make sure these are vegan.

Reactions: tpkyteroo luebeck

·
99% Vegan
162 Posts
I am going to just give a quick Update: Originally, Sushi was always Vegan. And Sushi that was not Vegan, had its own name, which was not Sushi. This is according to the Japanese native I spoke too. She was vehemently against the changes to Sushi that American have done, and said that dashi was not supposed to be found either in Sushi.

However, because chefs love to experimment and some of them have traveled the world and have decided to try new things, not all Sushi will be Vegan. American's version of Sushi has made the rounds with other chefs who have Sushi videos online. They do not even bother calling Sashimi, Sashimi, but instead have lumped everything together as "sushi". One chef tries to "sushi" various fast food items. :p

Also, in Japan, they often cook rice in Dashi, which contains Fish flakes (bonito). The Japanese lady I spoke to (who is a native from Japan) still claims that true, authentic Sushi is Vegan and does not contain Dashi either. However, every label still needs to be read, and the chef spoken too as you never know where they might add dashi or some other non-vegan ingredient. Chefs love to experiment. Fresh Salads are normally safe (without the dressings), but that is the only really "safe" food item these days - if you do not count cross-contamination.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is so completely wrong.

Seriously, go do some research on the history of sushi. The original type of sushi was pure fish -- the rice was discarded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.