VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. Anyway, I just wanted to share that I'm proud to say that I have made it through my first week as a vegetarian! I don't miss meat one bit!

Well, I just wanted to share,

Jamie

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Good for you! Keep making that progress. I just had my first year anniversary as a vegan, and it's great to look back. It's kind of funny to realize that you'd stopped counting the weeks!

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
It all gets easier from here!

Congrats!!!

And not that you ever would have any cravings or anything, but if you give in one day, that doesn't mean you're done for. I had lots of false starts. Be like the iceskaters in the olympics, pick up like nothing happened.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
" It's kind of funny to realize that you'd stopped counting the weeks!"

Yes, it becomes like the norm for yourself at least and as long as you discover/cook/eat foods you like, they can become the things you crave. One site I read that described vegetarianism referred to it as "abstaining from meat and animal products" ... I totally object to the word "abstaining" as it seems to imply "forcing oneself through self control to not partake of a certain desirable thing" which is totally unilke how it is with me. I have absolutely no desire for any of the old animal-based foods

Keep finding fun and delicious veggie-based foods ... it definately should never feel like an ordeal or self-sacrifice once you get used to it some more

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I never did take note of when I decided to stop eating meat, but it was April/mayish of 1997, so I've probably just passed my six year anniversary.

I bet my parents weren't expecting it to last much longer than six days as well!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats Miss!

I"m also new to the veggie world. I've just made it through week three. I did come across a few challenges over Easter weekend, but I did get through them just fine. This has been the easiest and the best decision I've made in a long time

Again Congrats on making it pass the first week, next thing you know you'll be celebrating a year as a veggie.

Squirt

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.