VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you consume products that say this on the packaging? Is there a difference between these products and products that say "may contain milk"?

·
Registered
36 Posts
If I am happy enough with the rest of the ingredients, then yes, I will purchase something with that warning.<br>
It's there to cover allergies.<br><br>
I could be really anal and say that, no, I wouldn't buy the stuff because of a slight chance of cross-contamination, but that would be silly.<br>
There is always the chance of tiny bugs being in the lettuce I buy, which is accidentally consumed. To me, it's the same thing. Nobody could ever say that they are totally 100% vegan at all times, as it's impossible.<br>
Even if (like myself) you make sure that the lettuce or whatever is "clean" you can never be completely certain as bugs can be tiiiiiiiiiiny......

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
I don't personally have a problem with the first category ("factory that also handles milk"). I think the second category ("may contain milk") is the same as the first unless it specifically says milk/dairy/whey etc in the ingredients list.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't have too much of a problem with that for now. I will buy bread which also makes bread with milk and eggs. But if an all vegan bakery opens close to my house I wouldn't anymore. It all depends on what you have available and what you want to support.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
I don't have a problem with it, it's only a disclaimer for law suits. I know people who work for some of the companies that use that claim and they thoroughly clean the machines between products.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts