VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current weight is fine according to my doctor, but I wouldn't mind losing some body fat while toning my muscle. I run about 65 mpw average and am adding in some yoga and toning exercises. Is there a way to decrease overall body fat while still maintaining enough energy to run well? You would think I'd know this by now, because I've lost 125 lbs from my initial weight, but things seem trickier now that I'm at or close to my goal weight (I would love to lose 10 lbs but apparently my doctor does not think it is necessary so I'm not worried about it). I am wondering, specifically, if changing my macronutrient ratios would make a difference. As they are (using today's menu as typical):

Fat: 19%

Carb: 61%

Protein: 20%

And I really try to make all of this whole and natural, with my only "junk" indulgence half a serving of dark chocolate for desert. Anybody got ideas?

·
Registered
927 Posts
It seems to vary from person to person, but in my own experience keeping fat at 10%-15% causes me to lose 1-2 lbs per week - you might want to give that a shot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts