VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

He hooked me at The Sixth Sense... but what do you think of his films since?
I liked the Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs but everything after that sucked. The Village, The Happening and Lady in The Water were three of the most awful movies I've ever seen. All unoriginal and downright ridiculous at times. Every aspect of The Happening was so horrible that it almost puts Twilight to shame.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I liked the Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs but everything after that sucked. The Village, The Happening and Lady in The Water were three of the most awful movies I've ever seen. All unoriginal and downright ridiculous at times. Every aspect of The Happening was so horrible that it almost puts Twilight to shame.
Yup, same here. I don't know what happened to him but his new movies are awful awful awful. Lady in the Water is one of the few films I got so bored with I turned it off halfway through, and as a fan of the show Avatar: The Last Airbender I was pretty horrified by how inaccurate and just plain bad his film adaptation was. He even mispronounced characters names, and how do you do that when you have the source material right there?

It's a bit disappointing and really confusing, but at least I can still enjoy his first few films.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
^I was just about to say that I would never forgive him for what he did to my favourite cartoon.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
honestly not a fan at all.....I didnt like signs, sixth sense or anything else....he doesnt keep my intrest at all....

peace

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:

Bolded is unoriginal too
(see above) Stole from my favorite show!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Besides The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable was good. Those are the only two Shyamalan flicks I've ever seen.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs were all nice. They had a good atmosphere to them, although the end of Signs was ****ed up so it's a grade down from the first two. The Village had the same atmosphere-building and I think it is underrated since it was criticized so heavily. I also think the Happening is underrated, not because it would be a good film, but because people make it out to be the worst film ever which seems ridiculous to me. I don't buy the reasoning that since you expect more from a Shyamalan film, then if the movie is bad, it is somehow worse than some family comedy with Dwayne The Rock Johnson for example.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
I like The Sixth Sense (mainly because I like Toni Collette), but that's it. I honestly think he was a one-trick pony with the aforementioned movie. He hasn't come up with anything good or even original since.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
The Sixth Sense was my fav; Signs was ok; The Happening and The Village were also ok but a bit disappointing. But I didn't come away from them wishing I hadn't wasted my time, so that's a plus for me.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

He stole the idea for The Sixth Sense from Are You Afraid Of The Dark!!!
Really? He has a habit of ripping off tv shows apparently because the whole plot from The Happening he stole from shows like Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits.

The Happening was also written before by Stephen King in a book called Cell. Shyamlan changed the ending and a few other things but the basic storyline was exactly the same. His ending was just absurd and was difficult to take seriously. The acting in The Happening was also so cringe worthy that it was painful to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

I hated Signs, mostly because mel gibson.
Hate the man but I didn't mind him in Signs because it came out before he went bat**** crazy.

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
I love Signs. I like The Village, Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. I didn't enjoy Lady in the Water very much but it wasn't the worst thing ever. The Happening was also not great but not as bad as people make out, and it did have some very beautiful cinematography.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:

Really? He has a habit of ripping off tv shows apparently because the whole plot from The Happening he stole from shows like Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits.
It's not speculation, he actually said he was inspired by it.

If you want to watch it, it's on YouTube. It's a good episode. Here's part 1:

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

I hated Signs, mostly because mel gibson.

I really liked the Village.
I hated Signs, but it wasn't because of Mel. I just didn't think it was "awesome" like everyone said. I really liked The Village, the twist really threw me for a loop.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I do not like any of his movies.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts