VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crap, have you tried one of these before? They're unbelievably delicious! I was hesitant to give them a try because I was worried that the peppermint was going to be too strong. It's not. They taste like dessert, nothing like a nutrition bar. Really. They are vegan! I'm going to Sprouts tomorrow to buy more.

I'm on my phone right now and can't figure out how to post a photo, so if anyone wouldn't mind, I would appreciate if someone can post one. I'll do it in the morning otherwise.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Serving Size 1 bar (48g): Calories 180
Calories from fat 45
Amount/Serving
Total Fat 5g
Sat. Fat 2.5g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 120mg
Potassium 120mg
Total Carb. 28g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Insoluble Fiber 1g
Sugars 12g
Other Carb. 12g
Protein 8g
Vit. A 20% * Vit. C 20% * Calcium 35% * Iron 30% * Vit. D 15% * Vit. E 30% * Vit. K 10% * Thiamin (B1) 10% * Riboflavin (B2) 40% * Niacin (B3) 40% * Vit. B6 75% * Folate 100% * Vit. B12 75% * Biotin 25% * Pantothenic Acid 40% * Phosphorus 20% * Iodine 35% * Magnesium 10% * Zinc 35% * Selenium 35% * Copper 10% * Manganese 25% * Chromium 25% * Molybdenum 25%
Not bad.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
I LOVE Luna bars! I really like their new protein bars, especially the mint, peanut butter, and cookie dough varieties. The protein bars aren't vegan, however.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried the cookie dough one... it took me over an hour to eat because it was so bad, but I didn't want to waste it
I was disappointed. I still have the mint one.

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I tried the cookie dough one... it took me over an hour to eat because it was so bad, but I didn't want to waste it
I was disappointed. I still have the mint one.
Really? I love them SOOO much.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was chewy, lacked flavor, and was just... blah.

I went to Sprouts and bought 5 more Luna Peppermint bars

·
Banned
437 Posts
That flavor is DIVINE. They were my absolute favorite before I developed my soy allergy. Now I stare at them longingly while I pick up my Larabars a few boxes down.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I like the new Blueberry Bliss. It doesn't have that fakey-blueberry flavour that other bars *coughcough Odwalla* do. Its kinda sticky tho.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post

That flavor is DIVINE. They were my absolute favorite before I developed my soy allergy. Now I stare at them longingly while I pick up my Larabars a few boxes down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

I like the new Blueberry Bliss. It doesn't have that fakey-blueberry flavour that other bars *coughcough Odwalla* do. Its kinda sticky tho.
I have one, I'm going to try it today.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used to like Luna bars, then I got sick of them and every time I ate one, my jaw would hurt from their chewiness. I haven't had this problem with the chocolate peppermint one.

Tried the blueberry one... I'm not a huge blueberry flavored food fan (love blueberries by themselves), but it does taste like a blueberry muffin. Not bad.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Good stuff. Although my fav. is the chocolate coconut.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
3am snack, nom nom nom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

For sweeter dessert-y flavors, I'm a big fan of Chocolate Dipped Coconut. I wish those were more coconut-y, but that could just be because my sense of taste tends to be impaired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Wannabe View Post

I need to grab one of these next time I'm at Sprouts. I keep seeing them, but always end up grabbing 5 Chocolate Peppermint Sticks instead.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Wannabe View Post

Just tried this today:
Tastes like a vegan mounds bar!

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
my favorite is the peanut butter one, or the raspberry brownie one. I think I tried the peppermint one, but wasn't a fan. <3 Luna bars though

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.