VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all... I've got a question about my dog's eye... maybe about 5-6 days ago I noticed something on her bottom eyelid... I thought it was eye slimey, so I tried to get it out and realized it's a little lump on her eyelid. It doesn't seem to irritate her, It doesn't even seem like she knows it's there, but it's not going away(it hasn't gotten any worse). I can't afford to take her to the vet at least until Friday (unless it gets worse or starts to bother her, then I'll work something out) Anyway, I was wondering what this could be and could it be something that needs medical attention asap??? At first I was thinking it may just be a sty, but there's no redness or anything like that, and as far as I know a sty would be under the lid (I've had a couple of them myself, and that's how mine were anyway, I definitely could be wrong though) So I was wondering if anyone knows what this could be & any cheap home remedies I could try? Thank you!<br><br><br><br>
(I dunno if this helps, but she turns 11 next month, & she's a lab/Australian shepherd mix... no history of medical problems... she ruptured her ACL awhile ago & had surgery to fix it about 2 years ago... other than that vets have always said what great condition she's in, especially for her age)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does it look like the picture on this website? If so, that is called cherry eye and I think the only option is surgery, although it isn't always necessary since it usually doesn't bother the dog.<br><br><br><br><a href="http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/petcolumns/showarticle.cfm?id=467" target="_blank">http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/petcolumns/s...cle.cfm?id=467</a>

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Often dogs, especially older ones, get benign eyelid tumors that don't need treatment unless they start rubbing against the eye and causing problems. Sometimes they can be cancerous tumors, especially if they start growing quickly. I'd ask the vet about it but there's no rush to get it done before Friday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts