VeggieBoards banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Er.. im not sure if this should be here or food discussion, please forgive me if this is the wrong section.<br><br><br><br>
When i get sugar cravings i want something that'll satisfy them but aren't ridiculously sugary. I don't need sugar poured down my throat. lol<br><br><br><br>
So i have some sugary kid cereal and some dried fruit in the pantry. Usually i'll go for the fruit but once in a while i'll eat the cereal as a treat(i never eat that as breakfast, way to much sugar for the morning ICK!).<br><br><br><br>
So this was one of those days i went for the cereal for a treat. And out of curiousity i wanted to see how much sugar was in there. So i look and for 3/4 a cup there's 9 grams of sugar. Not the worse amount for something thats supose to be super sugary(if i remember right that's the same amount as one serving of regular soymilk?).<br><br><br><br>
But then i went to look at the dried fruit. 28 grams?! What?! I knew raisins were high in sugar but i thought other fruits were a less than raisins. I guess i was wrong.<br><br><br><br>
So 1/4 a cup gives me 29 grams of sugar. But we'd automatically assume its healthier being less processed. But the cereal is fortified with essential vitimans so it does offer some nutrition as well.<br><br><br><br>
So which is the better choice for a sugar craving treat? 1/4 a cup of dried fruit or 3/4 a cup of cereal?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts