VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first, does anyone have any suiggestions on a good pad to use? All the ones i have been using leak in some way. I'm getting sick of it and i really jsut want a realiable pad that just works. Do the washable pads work well? How long do they generally last and what do you do with them when they are used? I mean if they only last a couple hours like my normal pads i'll be in school. I definately can't wash them there?

And also i have had the strangest pain in my lower stomach. For example i get it when i sneeze extrememly hard. There are other times when i get the pain ,but i can;t understand what it is or why i even have the pain? Its extremely sharp and really painful but it comes at random times? Think i shoudl consult a doctor for it? Or its jsut part of beign a woman. Lol

Thank you!

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
i have no idea about the pain, but i do know about the pads.

yes, they'll leak if you wear them too long. i always wear dark jeans when i'm menstruating or dark shirts so that if there's a leak one will hardly notice. if i'm having a heavy day, i'll take a pad to change (if i'm not going to be home) and a plastic baggy to 'store' the other one until i get home and can wash it. sometimes, if i'm in a public restroom alone, i'll rinse it in the sink (and then wash down the sink with the soap, paper towel, and water), and then put it in the pastic baggy and wash it once home.

if i change often enough, no leaks. i use gladrags.

·
Heart Beet
495 Posts
i use this: http://www.divacup.com/

it rarely leaks on me (like twice ever) and i love it, love it, LOVE IT.

my friend wears one as well and loves hers.

i used to use gladrags but they would kinda roll around on me (i run after kids all day though so maybe for someone who doesnt run so much?). i have been meaning to give Lunapads a shot though.

as for the pain, is it only when you are PMS/menstruating? or all the time?

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
i move a lot (teach yoga) in my gladrags, os it's no problem for me.

i don't use and have never used any sort of tampon or tampon device, so it's not an option for me (that is, i'm not comfortable with it).

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
sometimes, it's about what yu're comfortable with, you know? if you're used to tampns and tampon-like devices, then the movement of the pad might bug ya. but if that's what you wear because that's what you wear, then it wouldn't bug ya--it's just what is.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
The sneeze thing could be many things, sure, but it sounds a lot like a muscle pull. Have you done anything extra strenuous lately?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Pads can be pretty annoying and messy sometimes, have you considered using tampons? Some girls aren't comfortable wearing them, I wasn't until I was about 15. If you're worried about TSS, using the smallest absorbency size that works for you is suppose to lower the risk, also changing them often.

If you don't like tampons, have you tried different brands/sizes of pads? Everyone is different, so what works for one person might not work for you. There are so many options, look around and take your time choosing one.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

The sneeze thing could be many things, sure, but it sounds a lot like a muscle pull. Have you done anything extra strenuous lately?
Not anything that would particuarly make that area hurt.. i don't think. It happens at other times to.l sometimes when it's a jerky movement or just out of nowhere. here's no pattern to it and that's kind of what worries me a bit.

As for the tampons, i'm not comfortable with them at all. I have yet to try to even use one, so that might be a while. Lol! If i was comfortable with it i'd definately try the divacup. But sadly i'm not.
Probably be easier for me if i was.

I have tried so many styles and each one has leaked before, it's really frustrating. I think the worse is at night because i'm in an akward position when i'm sleeping. I'll have to try out the gladrags ,and lunapads have peaked my interest. I'm just so worried about spending all the money for a couple pads and then hating them(or the don't work). But at the same time i don't like having to make so much garbage when it can be avoided.

Thanks!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I like Stayfree ultrathin maxis without wings (I HATE the wings). I use them at night (and tampons during the day). Do you tend to leak on the sides (if so, I'd go with one with wings) or toward the front/back (in that case, you might try just moving the pad a bit). IMO, the key to finding one that doesn't leak so much is finding one that absorbs more quickly. When I wore pads during the day, I'd also wear dark pants to help hide any mishaps.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Tampons are amazing. I didn't try them until I was almost 18 (I was scared), but once I did, I couldn't believe I spent so much time with pads. You can buy organic ones which are great. You don't feel a thing, seriously.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.