VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-<br><br><br><br>
My 3 year old daughter went to the dentist for the first time today. Cavaties! Ouch.<br><br>
So it is recommended that we steer clear of sticky and sweet foods like dried fruit, fruit leather, cereal bars etc, as well as sugar period. I have been low sugar minded, but she does prefer things sweet like raisins, dried mango and ofcourse cereal bars. Any snack suggestions? I am trying to come up with some new exciting snacks- especially for taking when we go out. This is when we usaully do the cereal bars. Are there any dips for veggies that your kids love?<br><br><br><br>
thanks.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Do you make sure she brushes her teeth before she goes to bed? If so, you could make sure she also drinks some water after she eats sweet foods, and swish her mouth out, to get some of th excess sugar out of her teeth, so it doesn't sit in there and eat away the enamel.<br><br><br><br>
Apples and peanut butter is a great snack. Slice up some apples, put them in a bag, then bring along a little container of PB to dip in. Carrots and hummous is fantastic, but I'm not sure how much little kids like hummous.

·
Registered
265 Posts
my friend uses the low sugar cereals, and has her daughter pick out two or three and they make a "trail mix" type with the cereal for her snack before they go out. her daughter likes being able to choose what goes in it, and my friend likes that the fact that there is little sugar.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Do you use a fluoride toothpaste? That would help, if not. Otherwise, make sure she brushes lightly after meals, and before bed, and that will help with the sugar problem, too.<br><br><br><br>
For snacks, are you vegan or vegetarian?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts