VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking for a vegan version of york mints. basically, low fat chocolate. does anyone know if any major brand of chocolate is vegan? somehow, it seems doubtful!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
The only reason york peppermint patties are low fat is that they are basically a wad of sugar with a thin layer of chocolate. I'm not aware of something you can buy from a regular grocery store that is similar to that, but perhaps some place like Vegan Essentials would have something. You could coat various things in chocolate -- cookies, fruit, etc. Or there are recipes for vegan york patties, but they use some margarine or shortening in the filling so I'm not sure how "low fat" they would be.

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i think i'm gonna have to make my candy at home
. i could use figs and coat them with dark chocolate. that would be plenty good enough!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I'd say the same thing....there are vegan peppermint patty recipes online. I use Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate, or buy the Lindt 70% bars of chocolate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.