VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been vegetarian for about four years now, but I've just recently decided to start eating healthier and incorporating more fruits, vegetables, and legumes into my diet instead of my usual cheese, faux meat, and peanut butter sandwiches regime. I'm hoping to lose about fifty pounds. Thing is, I'd like to eat at least one delicious meal throughout the day, but all I can think of is salads, vegetable plates, veggie sandwiches, and packaged rices. Does anyone know of any good low calorie, low fat recipes that doesn't require too much maintenance? Hell, it doesn't matter actually just as long as it's good.

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i don't have any recipes, but i do know that vegetarian times sells a cookbook with low fat recipes. you can probably order it from their website. check out your public library too.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have heard that it did. i haven't seen it though. you could try buying the times every month. the have a recipe index in the back that will tell you which recipes are low fat

·
Registered
118 Posts
Have you read any books by Neal Barnard?He has a few books out that have excellent very low-fat recipes in them.I especially like his "Food For Life" book and "Foods That Cause You To Lose Weight book.In fact I'm making the Black Bean Soup for dinner tonight.

He also gives excellent advice on his low-fat vegetarian,vegan lifestyle.Tips on how to eat low-fat as well.Its an interesting read.

VM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts