VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I've been on medication for bipolar disorder, I've been chronically fatigued. What are some positive ways to increase your energy level? I need to find a new way other than caffeine because I've built a tolerance to it and I don't want to keep downing all this diet pop because it's nutritionally worthless. I want to have energy.....before going on the medication, I never took naps, now anytime I have a few free hours before class or on the weekends, I take a 2 hour nap.

Basically, I wake up around 8:30, eat breakfast, take a 2 hour nap, wake up at noon, and by the time 8:00 rolls around I'm tired and have to force myself to stay up.

Thanks for the help fellow veg*ns.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
unfortunately this is a common side effect for the types of medication i imagine you're taking.

in any case, i find going for a short walk and drinking herbal tea work best for waking me up when i'm tired.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Being pregnant and in my first trimester, i was SHOCKED by how tired you can get. I felt I was napping a lot too. The naps, I found, were bad. They made me MORE tired, and reduced my energy level too much. IT even said that in my pregnancy book, that sleeping TOO much can increase your fatigue. It probably works the same in your case too.

Try to get a little more exercise. Walking is great. Eat fresh foods, like clementines, salads, and steamed veggies (that has helped energize me!) If you are feeling tired, its possible also that you're just bored - find a task to do, put on some loud music, clean your abode, etc. If you are really too tired to do anything, just don't sleep - rest. Put on a really interesting movie- you are resting because you are just sitting, but it will keep you awake and focused :) Those are things I do and I find my energy is a lot better than when I just indulged my fatigue. Best of luck to you!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts