VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any recipes for low calorie vegan desserts. I've been craving sweets so much, and plain fruit doesn't seem to be getting me my fix. Whatcha got?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Frozen berries with soya yogurt whizzed up into a soft ice cream. I use either Stevia or Splenda to sweeten.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stewed rhubarb sweetened with stevia or erythitol :) simmer rhubarb for around 20 minutes with a little lemon juice. Rhubarb is SO low calorie, 13 per 100 grams when unsweetened ( practically the same if using stevia or erythitol)
grin.gif

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Store bought or homemade sorbets (watch the label as some are not vegan/vegetarian but some are). I like to blend a few oranges and some ice cubes in my blender and freeze it for an hour or so for a few servings or a really nice orange sorbet.

Medjool dates eaten all by themselves are like dessert, but they aren't so low calorie as one alone has 44 calories. But it is so healthy and rich. I swear it is like eating caramel.

This also sounds weird, but I sometimes take a half cup of plain canned pumpkin or fresh cooked winter squash and add a tablespoon of cocoa powder and a little almond milk to it, or else I add a little molasses to it for a snack. I also blend it with banana for a snack.

Or hot chocolate. Add a tablespoon of pure cocoa powder and a teaspoon of stevia to a pot. Add one cup of unsweetened almond milk and stir, then heat on the stove until hot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.