VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you ever eaten at one? I'm visiting Pittsburgh (the city I'll be moving to soon) and I just ate at one. I had the deluxe vegetables, carrot juice, and pandan cake. I really liked it. The pandan cake was GREAT!

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Yes, it's great!

I've been to several locations (mostly West Coast). The menu varies at each.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
I've been to the London one. It was good, but sorta "fast food", so something you have to be in the mood for. There's a Chicago restaurant, used to be called Alice & Friends (and it was fab) that became a Loving Hut, but I haven't eaten there since the changeover.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

I've been to the London one. It was good, but sorta "fast food", so something you have to be in the mood for. There's a Chicago restaurant, used to be called Alice & Friends (and it was fab) that became a Loving Hut, but I haven't eaten there since the changeover.
Which London one? (I'm guessing by the description you mean Camden)

I've loved all the ones I've been to, but where they are all individual restaurants with different menus and cooking styles, you never know what you're gonna get.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Yep. In Camden. is there more than one? It was fine for the day, but if I find myself in Camden again, I'd go to Inspiral.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Oh cool. Vegan Chinese is what the Chicago place did before the change. Just looked up their menu a few minutes ago and looks much the same as before. So yummy.

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
I read they were opening a Loving Hut in St. Petersburg recently, apparently the first vegan restaurant in Russia.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
The Loving Hut pandan cake is sooo good.

Dammit, now I want some.

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Never eaten at any Loving Hut place. Is the food at these places mainly junky style food that has been heavily fried? Or do they offer a healthier selection of meals including raw food?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

Never eaten at any Loving Hut place. Is the food at these places mainly junky style food that has been heavily fried? Or do they offer a healthier selection of meals including raw food?
The one in my city offers mainly Asian Fushion stuff, as well as things like cheezy bread, spaghetti, and burgers. They have really good salads too. There is a lot of healthy stuff.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

Depends which one you go to. It's more of a... franchise type thing. The restaurants are all different. Of the ones I've been to, I've had burgers, "fish" and chips, an array of chinese food, and some salad roll things. Oh, and cake. Lots of vegan cake. There may well be one that does raw food or something.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Its a chain? I didn't know that! We have one here in Orlando, but it is about 45 minutes from my home, so I haven't been there, but I hear from reliable sources that it is amazing

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamLayish View Post

Its a chain? I didn't know that! We have one here in Orlando, but it is about 45 minutes from my home, so I haven't been there, but I hear from reliable sources that it is amazing
I'd never even heard of it until yesterday but apparently there are 120 in the US.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I've been before. Great food, although the "supreme leader" thing is a bit odd. Kind of a fun quirk, though. There's one coming soon to the town where I go to school. I'm looking forward to the fall semester already!

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I've been to the now non-existent Vancouver one. It was decent, but not amazing or anything, the only thing that made it amazing was being able to have vegan restaurant food.

They did have really good poutine made with Daiya, and a great dragon bowl with miso gravy. Good takeout pizza too!

·
Registered
691 Posts
The menu definitely varies depending where you are located... I've been to the one in Glendale, AZ a few times and liked it. I've had items 1, 38 and 45 from the local menu. When I visited hubby in Naples, FL back in January we went twice because he was panicking on where to take me and the first visit I had V4 and it was good but the second trip I had 03 from their local menu and did not like it at all. Looks like it has grown quite a bit from when I found the Glendale LH about 2 1/2 years ago. There were only about 1/2 dozen in the US when I first found them.

http://www.lovinghut.us/

·
Registered
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I've been to the now non-existent Vancouver one. It was decent, but not amazing or anything, the only thing that made it amazing was being able to have vegan restaurant food.

They did have really good poutine made with Daiya, and a great dragon bowl with miso gravy. Good takeout pizza too!
I really enjoyed those 3 things. I especially enjoyed the poutine as I hadn't had a poutine since going vegetarian becuase of the beef gavy. I LOVED poutine, it was a treat whenever I got stuck shopping at some mall I made sure there was a new york fries there. *sigh* It sucks that they are not going to re-open. I have heard good things about the vegan pizza joint that just opened in Burnaby.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancityveggie View Post

I really enjoyed those 3 things. I especially enjoyed the poutine as I hadn't had a poutine since going vegetarian becuase of the beef gavy. I LOVED poutine, it was a treat whenever I got stuck shopping at some mall I made sure there was a new york fries there. *sigh* It sucks that they are not going to re-open. I have heard good things about the vegan pizza joint that just opened in Burnaby.
Yeah, it sucks they won't re-open.

BUT I just tried that pizza place over the weekend and it's great! Very tasty, and it's actually in Vancouver around Kingsway and Victoria, they just entered the info wrong at first.

Also, have you tried making your own poutine? I love it and it's so easy. Just make some fries and vegetarian gravy, sprinkle on some Daiya cheese and voila!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Yeah, it sucks they won't re-open.

BUT I just tried that pizza place over the weekend and it's great! Very tasty, and it's actually in Vancouver around Kingsway and Victoria, they just entered the info wrong at first.

Also, have you tried making your own poutine? I love it and it's so easy. Just make some fries and vegetarian gravy, sprinkle on some Daiya cheese and voila!
I was gonna ask what poutine was. My flatmate eats the omni version all the time, and I've always called him weird for it. Chips and gravy, great. Chips and cheese, great. All three together? EW.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts